ForumsNewsNew Tag Picker

New Tag Picker
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: 6 Reference
We have just released our new tag picker. Now, when you add or edit a tag on the website, a box will popup that will list your most commonly used tags for easy selection.

For those of you looking for tags to be auto-completed as you type (no mouse clicking), this is still on our to-do list.

We have also fixed a bug where clicking on a tag's tab (for example: "work") would have incorrectly displayed tasks with a tag that was a subset of the other tab (for example: "workout").

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
Allen

Score: 1 Reference
I can't wait for auto-complete, but this is a step in the right direction and a most-welcomed addition. Thanks!
mossman4x4

Score: 0 Reference
Fantastic!
Proximo

Nice. It works just fine for me.

Thanks
Qrystal

Wow, so I noticed it just moments after it was implemented! Congrats on another wonderful improvement to a wonderful system!
marax

Great! Thanks!
Recently I changed my Toodledo setup which heavily relies on Tags now. Folders and Context did not offer me a flexibility I want so they are switched off now.

This update reveals that it was step of mine in good direction!

Pavel
dan.julian

I just have to say thank you again. I switched about 6 months ago from another online task manager (it was bovine, and it didn't support GTD), and I'm continually impressed by how regularly the Toodledo team pushes out solid, useful updates, and how well they communicate with their user base about their project plans.

Thank you.
MikeKDidIt

Thank you!
Dave

Awesome!! Thank you for doing this.
mike

This works :)
TheGriff_2

Awesome! Thank you so much.
Vin Thomas

AMAZING! Thanks.
jiuyen

Thank you for the continued improvements. May I suggest that one of the next items on the 1000s long list of feature improvements be to enable an option to have an alpha-order list? I have so many multi-word tags that I have trouble finding the relevant ones in a cloud of this style.

Thank you again,
J
davidlmontgomery

I also appreciate you adding this feature.

I want to note one drawback I'm seeing with my list. When adding a task, it used to be I could tab through the fields I display, and hitting tab from the Tags field would take to my next (and last) field, Notes. This no longer works for me.

I've found this workaround: hit enter when finished with the tags popup (which puts the focus on the Add button), and then hit shift-Tab to go back to the Notes.
Linden

Thanks Toodledo! I recently started using tags (second attempt) and this is making it much easier already!
Alan

Score: -1 Reference
I very much like the fact that a pick-list has been added, however, this is not a very useful implementation. It breaks the pattern that is used in your GUI for other pick-lists.

The tag selection needs to be changed to drop-down boxes like the other similar fields. The problem with using the links is that, to the best of my knowledge, there is simply no way to use a keyboard to select one of the choices. You are forced to abandon the keyboard for this one process and use the mouse to pick a tag, then you can return to keyboard navigation to complete the editing/addition of the task in question.

It's not very user-friendly. Again - better than no tag list at all, but this really needs to be fixed so there is common flow to entering and editing tasks.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
I disagree with Alan about having it be a dropdown. Some people will have dozens of tags and it will scroll below the screen. Not very useful. But I do agree that it could have been implemented in a better way. I like how RTM does auto-complete...just sayin.
Linden

@Vin, you'll be happy to know that Toodledo is working on the auto-complete. They just figured we'd rather have something rather than wait for the whole deal to be finished. :)
Yannis

Great addition, thanks.

How can I reset the list of tags? I tried the feature using the "test 1" and "test 2" tags, which I now want to get rid of.

Also, alphabetic sorting of used tags would be the feature much more attractive and usable.
TheGriff_2

I prefer the way sorting is now which appears to be in order of most used. Makes picking the two most used tags quite simple. I guess I'm saying if you put alphabetic sort in, please make it an option.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.