ForumsNewsNew Tag Picker

New Tag Picker
roddyt

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
This was a big one with me, and I'll even add that I like the way it was implemented.

Auto-complete would be nice eventually, but a pick list is enough to satisfy my appetite for now. I would prefer you move on to other big ticket items and return to this later.
roddyt

Posted by Yannis:
How can I reset the list of tags? I tried the feature using the "test 1" and "test 2" tags, which I now want to get rid of.

If you get rid of all use of those tags and refresh, they should no longer be in the list.

That worked for me anyway.
Martys To Do

This is great.
Thank you.
Osaga

I have been using ToodleDo for 3 weeks now and I have seen consistent small updates that make a world of difference.

We ask and ToodleDo not only listens, but makes happen very quickly.

Thanks again!
Gummi

Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Nice addition. Keep up the great work. I'm running out of items I wish were implemented on the system.
jlaker

Wow I just discovered this feature without realizing it had been implemented. Excellent addition that makes tag usage so much easier.
Thanks!
thpope

It is very nice. I will love the auto-complete when it's ready. Maybe that will satisfy the alpha-list and keyboard only people. I do think I will prefer your cloud implementation.

Nice job. Thanks. I think this was a big step.
Colin

Score: 1 Reference
I would love the ability to easily clear all tags. If there were a little "X" at the right of the text box that you could click on to clear the box's contents, that would be perfect. That would make it a lot easier to switch from one tag to another.

I also really like Alan's suggestion that everything be possible without having to move your hands from the keyboard. I suppose auto-complete will address this when it's ready.
Martys To Do

Posted: Jan 22, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
It would be great to have this tag field also pop-up when using the search function, i.e. when searching for a tag.
Thanks.
Martys To Do

Also, can the list be in alpha order -- it would be easier to find.
Thanks.
akingbfd

how are tags different from context? what are some of your common tags?
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jan 23, 2010
Posted by akingbfd:

Tags can be anything you want. Context would be something you add to denote the place/resource used to complete the task (phone, home, work, store, etc).

Also, a task can have multiple tags, but not contexts. I don't use either field, but if I did I would probably only use tags and just tag a task like so:

Get Milk (tags = groceries, @store)

Less clutter in the app the better!
thpope

Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Posted by Martys To Do:
Also, can the list be in alpha order -- it would be easier to find.
Thanks.
I agree with this. Alpha list plus size of font determined by number of tasks.
Alan

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Posted by Colin:
I also really like Alan's suggestion that everything be possible without having to move your hands from the keyboard. I suppose auto-complete will address this when it's ready.
Thanks. Auto-complete will make life easier, but it won't address the keyboard navigation issue. What if a user has 30 tags? You have to hope that you remember the ones that you have, and that if you use variations of the same tag name, you have the patience to type in most of the entry. With auto-complete, that happens sometimes.

I maintain that it's bad form in general, and frustrating for users in particular, to change entry methods in the middle of a form-type system. Jumping around between drop-down boxes and lists that you have to click-on with a mouse to activate isn't good.

Finally, I think most users recognize that the "weakest link" in Toodledo is the web interface. It's ugly and not very user friendly. I hope that this is what Toodledo concentrates on in 2010 in order to grow their market share. I'm amazed at the number of bloggers and other reviewers who totally get the fact that Toodledo's functionality is unmatched in the web world, but note that the interface is "ugly".
saskia.x

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Posted by Colin:
I would love the ability to easily clear all tags. If there were a little "X" at the right of the text box that you could click on to clear the box's contents, that would be perfect. That would make it a lot easier to switch from one tag to another.

Couldn't you just use Ctrl+A & delete? Or if you tend to use your mouse more, triple click in the field & then delete. It seems a bit unnecessary to clutter up the interface any more than necessary for something that can be achieved so easily already.
saskia.x

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Oh, and thank you very much for the new tag cloud feature, Toodledo!! I'll be able to make much better use of tags now. And if you implement autocomplete then tags will be almost perfect! :)
jiuyen

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
Is there any way to turn this new feature off?

I use tags to identify my projects, and some of my tag names are quite long. I also have more than 60 of them. Together, these factors make the cloud difficult to use in its current format.

While I'm usually happy to ignore innovations that make life easier for other, this innovation actually makes Toodledo harder for me to use. My practice was to cut and paste my tags from other lines to make sure that they are identical and will group correctly. With this huge cloud in the way, this has become very difficult.

Thank you,
jiuyen
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into a setting to control this.
akingbfd

Posted: Feb 13, 2010
Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by akingbfd:

Tags can be anything you want. Context would be something you add to denote the place/resource used to complete the task (phone, home, work, store, etc).

Also, a task can have multiple tags, but not contexts. I don't use either field, but if I did I would probably only use tags and just tag a task like so:

Get Milk (tags = groceries, @store)

Less clutter in the app the better!

I started using tags and really like it too. I decided that tags are the person(s) name that I need to interact to help complete the task. If it is only me, no tag. Now I can list all tags in a folder view that is ranked by # of items. Now when I meet with the boss, I sort by his tag or view his folder. He likes it now when I ask him to help me prioritize my work based upon his needs! BTW, my folders are essential separate areas of responsibility - not a person. AWESOME
kleerkoat

Posted: Feb 19, 2010
Posted by Colin:
I would love the ability to easily clear all tags. If there were a little "X" at the right of the text box that you could click on to clear the box's contents, that would be perfect.

I agree, since the "mouse off" closing the picker box is so sensitive I usually end up moving my mouse off the picker when trying to select the existing tags and enter new ones.

@saskia.x
I think it could be done without cluttering the interface, like Colin said a little X in a box at the end of the text field wouldn't look intrusive.

Or maybe something else, is that the "mouse off" trigger that closes the box be disabled if text is selected in the field.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.