ForumsNewsImprovements to Tag/Context filters

Improvements to Tag/Context filters
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
We have made some improvements to the tag and context filters.

1) There is now an "invert selection" option that will allow you to quickly flip the filter the other way around.
2) Tag autocomplete will now work more reliably for multi-word tags and tags with symbols in them.

3) Unrelated to filters: Now when you delete a task, it will ask for confirmation with the name of the task instead of a generic confirmation message. This will help prevent accidental deletion of the wrong task.
Allen

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Nice updates, thanks!
eiffair

Posted: Apr 28, 2010
I don't know if someone already asks for this improvement on using Contexts...

As the purpose of Contexts it to filter tasks regarding the place where you are, it could be great if this filter could be done once as a general choice and that it automatically filters all the views.

It is now very fastidious to filter all the views one by one each morning when you arrive at work and each evening when you come back to your home

It could also improve the use of Toodledo for personnal tasks that could be quite confidential and you don't want to be seen accidentally on a view you forgot to filter when you are at work.

The best way it could be done would be on the Contexts page by adding a button "I'm in this context" for each of the contexts. The selected context would become the one wich filters all the views.

Thanks for your answer.

(I'm sorry for my imperfect english, I write you from France)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2010.
evankline

Posted: Apr 28, 2010
eifair, if I understand your question right, you may want to use a saved search. You can do a search for the context you want, and then save it. Then, all you need to do is click on that saved search to get the context that you want.
eiffair

Posted: Apr 29, 2010
evanlike,
Yes searches are great to have recorded filters but you need to build all the searches corresponding to the existing views of Toodledo (Folder, Status, Tag, Priority, Status, etc.)

If you could select only once the context and it applies automatically to all the views it would be more efficient and useful.
This is a functionnality that Things offers and it seems great (see the screenshot on the main page of Things website).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.