ForumsNewsToodledo for iPad 1.6.1 - Bug fixes

Toodledo for iPad 1.6.1 - Bug fixes
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Apple has just posted version 1.6.1 of our iPhone/iPad app. This is a bug fix update for the iPad.

* Fixed bug where "Contact Us" link didn't have "to" address filled in, on iPad
* Fixed bug where the app would occassionally crash when selecting a subtask from a popover menu on iPad.
* Fixed restoring state to where you were last time on iPad
* Other minor iPad fixed

There is one known bug that was not fixed in this update because we didn't find it until after we submitted this update to Apple. This bug causes the app to crash in certain situations on the iPad when editing a task in portrait mode. For now, if you want to be sure to not encounter this bug, you can use the app in landscape mode when editing tasks. We have fixed this bug and submitted it to Apple already, so it should come out as soon as Apple reviews it.

We are sorry for the bugs in the initial iPad release. We didn't have an actual iPad to test on until last weekend (the same day as everyone else), so we have been working hard this past week to test, debug and fix everything.
Alan

Posted: Apr 10, 2010
Off topic, sort of, but can you post somewhere what your impressions are of the iPad?
George

Great stuff! Thank you. Collaboration/Sharing support for the iPad has now become quite important to us. You mentioned it was "on the list" for the iPhone last September. How about the iPad? Any chance we might see this feature soon?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I like it. I think that it is a 90% replacement for a laptop computer. The fact that it doesn't burn me (like my Macbook Pro does while watching video) is a big bonus.
tajchiu

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
I love Toodledo! I had been using Omnifocus and now I just use it for my grocery list and I do all of my real ToDos in Toodledo.

I had a chance to download the iPad version on my Dad's iPad and try it out.

Can you elaborate on your future plans for the iPad version. Right now it looks pretty much like the iPhone version but using Popovers rather than regular windows. I would love to see a real full-fledged iPad version of Toodledo!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 14, 2010
We are working on a UI redesign of the iPad version. The initial release was a direct translation of the iPhone version because this was the quickest way to get it to market.
Leigh_1295456170

Posted: Jun 03, 2010
Will you be bringing contexts to teh iPad, or am I just not finding it?
Claudio

Posted: Jun 03, 2010
The iPad version of Toodledo has Contexts.

Go to Settings, Field and Defaults, click on Reorder, and drag Context from the list of Unused Fields to the list of Fields Used (and place it where you would like it to show up when editing a task), and then Done.

At least four things will happen:
1. You'll be able set the Context for a task.
2. The Filter function will allow you to filter by one or more Contexts.
3. The Home screen will include a list called "Contexts".
4. You'll be able to sort any list by Context.
bob

Posted: Jun 06, 2010
Just jumped over from 2Do where I found the sync difficult unlike toodledo. What I would feel happier with is the ability to password a folder, is this possible?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2010
Sorry, it is not possible to password protect a folder. Thanks for the suggestion.
Eric

Posted: Jun 12, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
The iPad version of Toodledo has Contexts.

Go to Settings, Field and Defaults, click on Reorder, and drag Context from the list of Unused Fields to the list of Fields Used (and place it where you would like it to show up when editing a task), and then Done.

At least four things will happen:
1. You'll be able set the Context for a task.
2. The Filter function will allow you to filter by one or more Contexts.
3. The Home screen will include a list called "Contexts".
4. You'll be able to sort any list by Context.

Sorry new at this forum editing too. See next post for question.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2010.
Eric

Posted: Jun 12, 2010
I am new to IPAD and to Toodledo and am in the process of evaluating the Toodledo web site and the IPAD APP.

My question: on the SETTINGS/FIELDS & DEFAULT screen I cannot drag and drop the context field to the used section. In Reorder mode I can tap Contexts but cannot drag it. When attempting to do so the screen moves with me.

What am I missing? Is this a two handed operation?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 13, 2010
You have to tap and hold on the right side of the row on the grippy part for about 1 second and the row will lift up and then you can drag it around.
Eric

Posted: Jun 13, 2010
Thank you. That is what I was doing except that The screen i was on was the one with the "reorder" still high lighted. When i went into the screen labeled "done" the drop and drag work as you stated.

Thanks again for the help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.