ForumsNewsToodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2

Toodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad App has been updated to version 1.6.2.

This is primarily a bug fix for the iPad, with one new feature added for both iPad and iPhone. Now that we have had an iPad for a few weeks, we have a bunch of ideas for UI improvements. Our next update will be a UI overhaul to make things more efficient. Please bear with us while we experiment with the iPad and figure it out.

+ Moved the "delete task" and "email task" buttons into an action button in the top right corner.
+ Added a "clone task" option to this new action button.
* Fixed an iPad bug that would cause the app to occassionally crash if a task was edited in portrait mode.
* Fixed an iPad bug where deleting a task from the task details screen, in portrait rotation, and then tapping the tasks button would occassionally cause a crash.

If Toodledo helps you on the iPhone, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

Thanks

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010.
Alan

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
nice!
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
...and changed the sync progress bar position and size.
CPT

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
Two features that would make Toodledo even better on iphone :

1) It would be very nice to have a vertical alphabet navigation bar (like in the iphone contact app)to navigate through the tags view. I have more than 100 tags, and it is very slow to browse through such a long list to find the tag I want.

2) the Tag list seems to be constructed based on a "contains" criteria. Which means that when I display the tasks having the "K" tag, the list also shows the "KHA" or "KFC" tasks, making the feature less usefull since I can not trust the result. It seems more logical to me that the list be constructed on a "exact, maybe also ignore case" criteria where "k" & "K" tags would display the same, but "kha" would not display along with "k".

Thanks in advance.
David

Posted by PeterW:
...and changed the sync progress bar position and size.

I like the new sync progress bar. It is more visible at the top of the screen.

I suggest changing the 'Network Unavailable' notification. I have a iPod Touch and often use Toodledo when not connected to wifi. Please remove the popup notification and forcing the selection of the OK button. A red bar (for network unavailable) in the same place as the new sync bar would be better. Then we would not be forced to click a button to view our tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
james

Posted: Apr 19, 2010
I like making notes on my tasks, but the iPad app isn't very note friendly. Is there any way to make it work more like the calendar app, where the notes display when you are viewing details about an event? There is all that gray-space at the bottom of the to-do item, and the note would display very nicely in that space.

Also, when I type a note in the iPad, it doesn't do the capitalization like most other apps do. In most apps, when I hit <SPACE> twice I get a period and then the next letter typed is capitalized. In this app I get the period but it doesn't capitalize the next letter. Is that a setting you can fix?

Last thing. When I am viewing tasks sorted by folder, and I change which folder a task is in, it doesn't update the list on the left until I go to "Home" and then back to the list. (This is when in landscape mode). It would be nice for that change to be reflected right away.

I have a few other suggestions, but I don't want to dump them all here! Where's a good place to enter suggestions for the iPad app?

(I do like the app, and would love to see it even better. That's why I'm making suggestions . . .)

James
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. The next update will have the note visible directly without having to tap the "show note" button.
Teun

Posted: Apr 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the great app!

I have one small issue you might want to fix in the next update (it's a really small issue and easy to fix):
at some points in the app the fonts look blurry. For example in the Settings->General section.
The tableviewcells with more than one line are a bit blurry. Most of the time this is caused by the UILabel being aligned on a subpixel boundary.
If the center of the UILabel-frame is set to a whole pixel then it should be fixed. Sometimes it is also necessary to set the width and height to an even value. Just play with it a bit.

One cool feature would be to use the location api to determine which tasks to show.
So i can add a location to the context (or folder) "home" and another location to the context (or folder) "work".
Then when i start the app at home i only see the todo-list for home and when i use it at work i get to see my work todo-list.
This one is also easy to do :)

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
haeffb

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
When/if you do add location to context & folder, please update the API to support locations as well! Thanks.
rgsparber

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
I have been using Toodledo for a long time and just today the app on my iPod Touch started to crash. I get the logo at the top of a blank screen for 23 seconds and then it drops back to the home screen. Accessing my account via my tower and Firefox is working just fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2010
caiwenqin16 Post deleted
mgg4

Posted: May 03, 2010
Please add my enthusiastic support for including the "Context" in the iPhone/iPad application. I make heavy use of that to keep my work life and personal life tasks separated. Without that, my list of todos at work is cluttered with all of the household chores I have waiting for me at home.
PeterW 

Posted: May 03, 2010
Posted by mgg4:
Please add my enthusiastic support for including the "Context" in the iPhone/iPad application. I make heavy use of that to keep my work life and personal life tasks separated. Without that, my list of todos at work is cluttered with all of the household chores I have waiting for me at home.

The Context field is available on the iPhone/iPad software. You just need to enable it - it's turned off by default.
stephen

Posted: May 21, 2010
I wonder why don't upgrade Notebook apps to ipad version, I using Notebook apps to connect note with toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.