ForumsNewsImprovement to Subtasks

Improvement to Subtasks
J-Mac

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Subtasks are still hidden with any/every refresh, even though "Nested.." is selected in Filter. Still have to Toggle them to make them show every time, so this didn't really change anything IMO.

Before I had to click "Show All Subtasks" after every refresh to see my nested subtasks. Now I have to click "Toggle Subtasks" after every refresh.

I guess I just don't see the benefit of this change.

If it does something more that I am missing, please let me know.

Jim
Jeremy

it appears to be an action versus a preference....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You still have to toggle to reveal the subtasks. This hasn't changed. What we changed was having the subtasks hidden inside the parent or flattened out.

We hope to improve the toggling behavior in a future update. We know that people really want this.
J-Mac

Posted: Dec 04, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
You still have to toggle to reveal the subtasks. This hasn't changed. What we changed was having the subtasks hidden inside the parent or flattened out.

We hope to improve the toggling behavior in a future update. We know that people really want this.

OK, thanks J. Seeing so many users ecstatic about this made me think that I must be missing something. But basically, in the previous UI clicking on "Show All Subtasks" after every refresh showed the subtasks properly nested under the parent. And now "Toggle Subtasks" performs that same exact action, right?

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, they are the same.
Jeremy

would be nice to be able to set a preference....always toggle one way like the "sort" function works.
Paul

Posted: Dec 08, 2008
Another thing that would be nice... show task/subtask relationships in the Pocket To Do List booklet. I went to Pro for subtasks and a customized booklet. I got both, but they don't work together!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2008
Yeah, we need to improve subtask functionality in the booklet. This is a planned upgrade.

Thanks
Paul

Posted: Dec 09, 2008
While you are at it, it would be great if the overall list print function did not include "Add a Subtask" for every subtask.
George Crump

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
Another vote for the reordering of subtasks. That would make this near complete.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 15, 2008
We've made a small change to subtasks. When you complete a parent task that contains uncompleted subtasks, those subtasks will now be automatically marked as completed. The old behavior was that uncompleted subtasks were deleted when you marked the parent as completed.
DrLaban

That is the best piece of news I have heard since I started using Toodledo! Finally I don't have to worry about mistakenly clicking the wrong icon and I now have backtracking possibility of older projects! Thank YOU!
Eric

I would like to add my vote to have a persistent toggle for showing the subtasks.
npt

Posted: Dec 17, 2008
I love the subtask functionality, but have a minor quibble - could a button or link be placed somewhere that would allow a user to create a subtask for a task currently having none? Right now it's only easy to add (more) subtasks. Unless I'm missing something. I've kludged it by adding a subtask to another task, then moving the new subtask I just created to where I want it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2008
Yes, we plan to improve this in a future update.
amc467

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
Posted by garroteman:
it was driving me crazy. thank you!

now the second most wanted feat (I hope so..) REORDERING of tasks and subtasks.

cheers to whole Toodledo crew!

I would like to add my agreement that it would be extremely helpful if you could reorder your own tasks. Maybe more than extremely helpful.
bahetc

Posted: Jan 17, 2009
Can you tell me if you can use the scheduler on the iphone as I can only see it working on the website...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The scheduler is not available on the iPhone yet, but we would like to add it in a future update.
chrisreed04

I would love to be able to drag and drop my tasks to reorder them.
Michael

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
Drag and drop to rearrange tasks would be awesome!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.