ForumsNewsFirefox Addon Updated

Firefox Addon Updated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our Firefox Addon has been updated to version 1.7 which brings the following improvements.

1) You can now set the start-time when adding a new tasks.
2) You can now set the star when adding a new task.
3) You can now set a reminder when adding a new task.
4) Clicking a link from the sidebar will load that link in the main window instead of the sidebar.
5) Fixed issues with certain symbols in your password preventing you from signing in to the addon.
6) All communications between the addon and the website are now encrypted for your security.
Ben

Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Woo hoo!
darren

Posted: May 01, 2010
I've got the updated version but none of the new changes are visible. Any ideas?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Check to make sure it is version 1.7. Then go into the Tools > Toodledo > Settings menu option to turn on the new fields.
Transisto

Woo hoo! that's nice

Be careful people, when entering a date/time do not forget to unclick "none" beside the date.
darren

Posted by Toodledo:
Check to make sure it is version 1.7. Then go into the Tools > Toodledo > Settings menu option to turn on the new fields.

Found it thanks but I never use this option to add tasks. I always open the side pane and click "Add Task". Doing it this way doesn't have the new fields :(

This message was edited May 01, 2010.
Alan

Posted: May 02, 2010
Right now, both the Gmail and Firefox add-ons show "Deferred Tasks" in the list, which doesn't make sense to me. Would it be possible to either hide Deferred Tasks by default for this tool, or give users the ability to choose that option in the account set-up?

I have a few Deferred Tasks and they clutter-up both the Gmail and the Firefox add-ons.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Alan: The slim version of our website that is used in the Firefox sidebar and google gadgets does not yet support filters, but this is on our to-do list.

Darren: Start-time, Star and reminder are definitely available in the sidebar. You just need to go into your account settings on the main website and enable these features under "fields used".
darren

Posted by Toodledo:
Darren: Start-time, Star and reminder are definitely available in the sidebar. You just need to go into your account settings on the main website and enable these features under "fields used".

I'm sure you're right and I'm missing something, but take a look at this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258067/Toodledo.png

You can see that I don't have the option to enable the reminder field and although the star field is enabled I don't have that option in the sidebar.

Darren.

This message was edited May 02, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Darren,

The star is available when editing a task. Just add the task using that form on the left that you are using, and then on the next page you can toggle the star.

The reminder field is only displayed if you have a location where reminders are sent. Otherwise, reminders wouldn't go anywhere. To set a location for reminders to be sent, go to the "Reminders" page in our "Tools" section. You can pick to have it go to an email address, SMS address, Twitter or iPhone.

I realize that these things aren't completely obvious, and I think that is because you are using the firefox addon exclusively and not using our website at all, or very little. If you used our main website, these options would be more apparent. The sidebar is a very small subset of our main site and doesn't have all of the functionality, documentation and settings that our main site does.
darren

I do already have reminders set up - I use the iPhone notifications - but the option still doesn't show up.

I realise you can add the star by editing, but with this new version I hoped to be able to add reminders and stars when adding a task with the addon rather than having to go back and edit it.

Thanks for the help.

Darren.
Alan

Posted: May 03, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Alan: The slim version of our website that is used in the Firefox sidebar and google gadgets does not yet support filters, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks - and if you can port saved-searched to at least the iPhone platform, it would be great.
brett.t.stewart

When I click the checkmark icon, nothing happens. And when I right click to add a task, it doesn't get sent to Toodledo. I have my email and password right, what is happening?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sounds like you have a conflict with another add-on or maybe it didn't get installed correctly.
darren

Posted: May 08, 2010
In addition to the above problems, the password issue doesn't seem to be fixed either.

According to Firefox I'm definitely running version 1.7 so I'm wondering what's going on here.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2010
We were not able to identify any password problem in our testing. We tried everything that we could think of to replicate a password problem, but it was working perfectly in every scenario that we tried. If you have a way to consistently replicate a problem, please let us know.
darren

Posted: May 09, 2010
As a start, any password with a " in it (Shift + 2 on a qwerty keyboard) isn't recognised by the add-on.

This message was edited May 09, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2010
Shift+2 is the @ symbol.

I just tested passwords with the @ symbol as well as the " quote symbol, and the Firefox addon accepted the password in both cases for me.
darren

Posted: May 10, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Shift+2 is the @ symbol.

I just tested passwords with the @ symbol as well as the " quote symbol, and the Firefox addon accepted the password in both cases for me.

OK, that's weird.
santi.gis

Posted: May 13, 2010
Hello
Are there plans to create this wonderful add-on for google chrome?
Thank you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.