ForumsNewsiPhone/iPad app updated to version 1.6.3

iPhone/iPad app updated to version 1.6.3
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad app has just been updated. It includes a bunch of UI improvements and optimizations for both the iPad and iPhone.

✔ Optimized the UI for both iPhone and iPad.
✔ On iPad, the left to-do list will no longer hide in portrait mode.
✔ The filter/sort/search bar has been integrated and moved to the top of the list for quicker access.
✔ Task notes are now visible immediatly without needing to tap the "read note" button.
✔ Added some color and texture to the UI.
✔ The "Bigger Fonts" general setting will increase the size of more fonts throughout the app.
✔ Fixed bug with editing time being 1 hour off with daylight savings time.
✔ Fixed bug with fuzzy fonts in the general settings page.
✔ Fixed bug with "contact us" email form on iPad causing the email text to be invisible.

If Toodledo helps you on the iPhone, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

Thanks

This message was edited May 04, 2010.
Claudio

Looks good. :)

I like the way that you've integrated the Filter/Sort but it's not obvious how to access the Filters or the Sorts. Seems to me that there should be some indication that there are buttons, just like there are for "Home" and "New Task".

Also, accessing the Search is even more mysterious, although it is easy once you realize that you can drag down the entire list.

The Notes field is nice.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, I agree that search is a little mysterious, but this is the way that Apple does it in their apps, so we followed their lead. If you do it once, you'll know how to do it from then on.

For those who haven't found it, the search bar is above the top task, so you just need to scroll up a little.
stephen.ferro

Thank you for the great update! It is much more productive than the original.

I agree that the Sort and Filter is a little non-intuitive. Changing their look sounds like it might do the trick.

I personally like the search bar hidden like Apple recommends. Creative way of avoiding adding another button. Just takes some time to burn it into memory.
bwheeler350

Filtering, sorting, and add new task all seem faster than earlier version. Welcome improvement.

Hope for saved filter/sort sets before too long, but recognize the energy that had to be diverted to the ipad platform. Thanks for the update.
vampire

New iPad version is better but I still wish I could look at my whole list in portrait mode needing to click on an item to see the details. I find the idea of different panes interesting but it feels like the most important item on the screen, the list, is cramped.

Steven
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
Very nice update! Thanks for adding color, and I really like the way you've implemented search and filters, and the new Note display is excellent.

There are few things that I would like that would tempt me away from Appigo Todo:

1. Make completed Tasks drop to the bottom of the list, and provide an option to let us keep completed tasks in view for 'X' number of days (I only want them there for a day but others may want more).

2. Provide an option to add a colored icon to lists and if possible, provide a way for the user to select the same color for the corresponding tab in Toodledo.com.

3. Parent/Sub-tasks - instead of opening the parent task and then having to tap again to show sub-tasks, show the parent task name at the top of the screen and show all sub-tasks below that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
conrad.murkitt

Posted: May 05, 2010
Guys, I am finding a problem with 1.6.3 if you have long notes on an item.

I have just gone to edit some notes for a piece of work that has been going on for a while.

What I do is I setup a parent task and then use sub tasks for all the bits and pieces. The notes field on the parent keeps a running day by day commentary on where eveything is overall, so of course this can get long.

On the ipad I just tried to add an update for today but I found that whilst it would let me type I could not actaully see the text I was typing. If I try to drag to text up to be visible it justs drops out of view again when I take my finger off the screen. So as I say whatever I type is there but I cannot see as I am typing which is annoying as if you make a mistake you cant see it.

This message was edited May 05, 2010.
khrideon

How do you search? I am new to the iPad/iPhone and can't figure it out.
Claudio

The Search bar is at the top of the list of tasks. You can see it if you drag down the list as if you were looking for a task that is above the first task in your list.

Another way of saying this:

Posted by Toodledo:
For those who haven't found it, the search bar is above the top task, so you just need to scroll up a little.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There does appear to be a bug where editing long notes on the iPad causes the last few lines of the note to be covered by the keyboard. We will fix this in the next update. In the meantime, if you add a few empty lines to the bottom of your note and then reposition the cursor up a few lines, you'll be able to see what you are typing. Sorry about this inconvenience.
David

This is a great update. I used to rely on 3rd party apps for my todo list but now I'm using this on my iphone and iPad! It's still not the most elegant app but it's enough to make me resub to the pro version :-)
conrad.murkitt

Posted by Toodledo:
There does appear to be a bug where editing long notes on the iPad causes the last few lines of the note to be covered by the keyboard. We will fix this in the next update. In the meantime, if you add a few empty lines to the bottom of your note and then reposition the cursor up a few lines, you'll be able to see what you are typing. Sorry about this inconvenience.

Damn why didnt I think of that, thanks.

Love the app and even more so now it is on the ipad!!
PeterW 

Posted by Claudio:
The Search bar is at the top of the list of tasks. You can see it if you drag down the list as if you were looking for a task that is above the first task in your list.

Another way of saying this:

Posted by Toodledo:

Or simply tap the title bar on the screen which causes the screen to auto-scroll to the top. This works in all iPhone apps.
aduran

Jake & Team... AGH! The new iPhone/iPad version went too far. The notes are now getting cut off and the UI is too much in favor of the iPad with the gray backdrop styling. I had to immediately revert because of these changes. Never fun to do mind you. The bottom bar going away is great but a show/hide on the new top bar would be nice. Bundle it with the way the search box is worked in? Still want a static Sync button too. Honestly it seems like the universal iPhone/iPad method is hurting the iPhone version. At least for me it absolutely is. Without a doubt. Note: I am probably the biggest Toodledo proponent on the planet.
Claudio

Posted: May 06, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
Or simply tap the title bar on the screen which causes the screen to auto-scroll to the top. This works in all iPhone apps.
Well, not in all 185,000 iPhone apps, right? ;)

Yes, "tap the title bar to scroll to the top" works in all iPhone apps that display a list, but there are many apps that don't use "tap the title bar to reveal the search bar", for example, Evernote and Appigo's Todo and Notebook. Even the iPhone App Store doesn't use it.

Anyway, it's good that you pointed this out.

For anyone who is wondering, the "Title bar" is the very top of the iPhone screen that shows your cell service provider, WiFi status, time, battery, and other indicators.

And, FWIW, I can get it to work only if I tap in the middle of the title bar, on the time. Tapping to the left takes me back a screen. Tapping to the right creates a new task.

This message was edited May 06, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted: May 06, 2010
Claudio - apologies... yes, I didn't mean that there was always a search bar at the top, just that a single tap returns you to the top of any screen that scrolls. At least I haven't found an app where this doesn't work. I assumed it was a standard part of the OS. I like to use this so that I don't accidentally tap or swipe some data and change its state while trying to scroll.
Joyce

Posted: May 07, 2010
I'm probably missing it, but I can't seem to find where in settings the "filters" are. There used to be a toodledo section in the main settings for my Touch, that was where I found filters the first time but now there's no Toodledo there and I can't find settings within the App...are there any breadcrumbs I can follow to what I'm clearly missing?? Thanks!
Claudio

Posted: May 07, 2010
Joyce, you can access Filters by going to a list of tasks and tapping on "Hidden Tasks" at the top left.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.