ForumsNewsiPhone/iPad app updated to version 1.6.3

iPhone/iPad app updated to version 1.6.3
kennethchristensen

Posted: May 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have a simple suggestion to improve the new features.

I use filters (TAGS) A LOT, and I really miss that the "sort Button" would open up in the last mode that I used. Now the "sort" feature is default opening the "Filtering" section, so I have to manually press Tags before I can change the Tag.

I really hope that this can be changed, so it again is possible to change tags with only on or two "clicks"

Kind regards
Kenneth
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2010
You are right. This was how it was working, but it appears to have gotten broken. We'll fix it in the next update.
jschilling

Posted: May 08, 2010
I AGREE completely with you. After downloading and using other TODO apps, I found the cramped look on the left distracting and frustrating. I would rather have a button to hide the right side of the screen and extend the todo list over to the right so the whole thing can be seen. It just makes logical sense

Posted by vampire:
New iPad version is better but I still wish I could look at my whole list in portrait mode needing to click on an item to see the details. I find the idea of different panes interesting but it feels like the most important item on the screen, the list, is cramped.

Steven
kennethchristensen

Posted: May 09, 2010
@ TOODLEDO:

Perfect, I can´t wait to get my old Tag-filtering option back.

Thanks
David

Posted: May 11, 2010
I just downloaded Appigo TODO's new iPad app but I'll still keep this app installed to keep an eye on the updates :-D
PeterW 

Posted: May 11, 2010
Posted by David:
I just downloaded Appigo TODO's new iPad app but I'll still keep this app installed to keep an eye on the updates :-D

Can you let us know your thoughts on Appigo's app when you've road tested it? Thanks.
J

Posted: May 12, 2010
Just got my iPad, and ToodleDo was one of the first apps installed and configured (long time iPhone user).

Is it just my installation, or does the HotList (and possibly other lists) not refresh after a sync is completed? My list was out of sync (probably due to me exiting the app while a sync was in progress). So I Forced a Toodledo.com to iPhone (sic - might need to tweak that) Sync. My HotList didn't change. I hit the home button and then went back into the HotList, and the full list was there.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 12, 2010
It is possible for the list to not refresh automatically in some situations. Going out and in again will fix it. We'll look into getting this to work better.

Thanks for the tip about it saying "iPhone" when you are on an "iPad"
David

Posted: May 13, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
[quote]Posted by David:
[quote]I just downloaded Appigo TODO's new iPad app but I'll still keep this app installed to keep an eye on the updates :-D[/quote]
Can you let us know your thoughts on Appigo's app <div style="display: inline; height: auto; position: absolute; visibility: hidden; width: auto; ">when [/quote]when you've road tested it? Thanks.[/quote]

I like Appigo's ToDo but Toodledo is the superior ToDo app. Not just because it's the official app and has all the fields, but because it has the instant syncing on edit feature which is important for me. Most of the time on ToDo it will only take a few seconds to sync on startup but there are times when it takes 15+ seconds which feels like forever. Also, ToDo gets stuck on an endless loop if you aren't on wifi (and have sync enabled on startup) but Toodledo seems to work perfectly fine no matter what.

I used to prefer Appigo's ToDo iPhone app because it it took less swipes to get to the tasks faster but that doesn't seem to be the case on the iPad. ToDo seems to focus more on the daily planner look and it takes more swipes to edit the tasks while Toodledo's iPad app has everything laid out in front of you.

If you're perfectly happy with ToodleDo, then I see no reason to go out and purchase ToDo unless you want a more elegant looking app. I guess ToodleDo can be an overwhelming app for some people to use because it offers so much customizability which they aren't used to. ToDo feels prettier, much more simplistic, and just works. I guess most people feel the same way (hence the reason why they got an iPad/iPhone).
PeterW 

Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks David. I don't have an iPdad yet... they're slated for initial release in Australia later this month. I'm still not sure if I really need one either!

I like Appigo's UI design on the iPhone but Toodledo is catching up, so I was interested to see what they'd done for the iPdad.

The intial syncing on Todo was a bit annoying so I just manually sync now, usually after starting up and before shutting down. It's been reliable.
Bill

Posted: May 21, 2010
I only started using Toodledo a week or two ago but love it! The only app version I have used is 1.6.3 so I don't have anything to compare it to but the main feature I miss is the ability reassign taks to a collaborator or change to a collaborator's list. Both of these changes should be easy to do in a future release. Are these updates on the radar?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 21, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Oshima_1391151432

Posted: May 23, 2010
I just bought Toodledo iphone app few days ago, so I am not yet used to its full features, but one feature I would like to use in iPhone is the Scheduler.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
David

Posted: May 29, 2010
Suggestions: Bulk edit and adding new contexts in tasks :)
kennethchristensen

Posted: May 30, 2010
Hi
Re: the new update:

1. I like the new note-field a lot, but it would be perfect if the note field was active, so you could just tap the field and then start entering your note. Now one has to press the "add note" field first.
2. I still miss the feature where the sort/filtering function remembers what I used last e.g. Tag-filtering, and then starts up in this view when I tap the Sort button. Now I have to tap several times to change the Tag-filter, and I use this filtering with tags, A LOT during my day, so I really hoppe the old feature returns soon.

Kind regards
Kenneth
alain.sarfati

hello,
I am a new user of Toodledo and I use it mostly on my IPad. I use only a few fields for the tasks and I usually have a Note. A setting option showing the Note always in the Expand mode would really be helpfull for me. Today I have a large unused space instead of the content of the Note .
Jake

Toodledo Founder
bigbrandjohn

Posted: Jun 06, 2010
Hi

Just purchased the premium Active lists program for the Ipad and joined Toodledo. It is not clear to me how the syncing works between the two. My dream ticket is to create lists on the Ipad, sync with Toodledo, and then pick up the tasks on active lists on my Iphone and MS outlook on my work computer. Am I asking too much. Just syncing with Toodledo would be a nice first step.Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2010
We are not familiar with Active Lists. You'll have to contact that company for support with syncing their app with Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.