ForumsNewsAdding Folders/Contexts/Goal on-the-fly

Adding Folders/Contexts/Goal on-the-fly
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
It is now possible to add a new folder, context or goal on-the-fly when adding a new task via the main website. To use this feature, select the "New Folder..." option at the bottom of the folder list.

Also, we have added a confirmation warning when trying to complete a task that has uncompleted subtasks. This will make it less likely that an active subtask could get accidentally forgotten when the parent task is completed.
pankaj013

Score: 0 Reference
This looks great. Wish there could be a smart tag added to the email as well to add folders/context through email. For people like me who send tasks by twitter or email, it would be the best that could ever happen.
saskia.x

Thankyou!!! Both of these are really useful improvements. I've been hoping for "on-the-fly" folder/context/goal creation for ages, and I hadn't even realised I wanted the warning when completing a parent task until now but I think it's a great idea :)
gregoe86

I was thinking yesterday how great a quick add folders would be! Thanks so much!

Small request: ability to archive/delete folders without going to the settings page?

Anyway, keep up the great work.
saskia.x

Is there any chance you'll add a similar feature for existing tasks? Sometimes when I'm reviewing my task list I'd like to be able to assign some of the tasks to a new goal, which I still won't be able to do at the moment.

It would be fab in multi-edit too!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Jesse

Posted: May 13, 2010
I've been waiting for this feature for a long time! Thank you very much!

I noticed that it is not possible to add on-the-fly on the "Add Multiple Tasks..." page. Any chance of adding this soon?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.