ForumsNewsWhat we have been doing recently

What we have been doing recently
Claudio

Posted: May 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Original post deleted.

(Did not want to hijack the thread.)

I'll just add my congratulations to Jake and his team. :)

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
dg

Thx for the hard work! Seamless transition for me.

BTW, I'm one of those that would pay more if that enabled some of the features I'd requested. I've researched a lot of online solutions for my GTD needs and haven't found price to be a discrimantor yet...it's the features I need (want?) that make the difference for me.
coachmac

Posted by chercheur_ehc:

NB : I prefer to write in french because I live in France.

Mais tu utilises une application en anglais?

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
Andrew A

Score: 1 Reference
Amen and thanks, but now that you mention it, the Page JS and Ajax feels less "heavy" overall as well. So perhaps we can notice some things (or perhaps I am imagining it as I also know what delight it is to start with clean new code)

@cjuzda, @PeterW, @Dave: Amen! Task management is not project management, agree with guys 100%
Krista

Posted by gpzbc:
Toodledo's connection to Jott will do this.
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_jott.php

Uh, the majority of Reqall features are 100% free, however Jott has sold out and now charges a monthly fee. Sorry, but I don't want to pay $5-13/mo for what Reqall does for free.
joe

Posted: Jun 07, 2010
Congrats to the smooth transition. I'm excited to see what's coming up. What you have so far works wonders for me so far. Thanks for the great tool, Toodledo team.
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 08, 2010
I am not a software developer and my code writing skills were pretty much left behind with my one-time hobby of writing Palm, Pocket PC, and Symbian apps about a million or so years ago. But I definitely appreciate a developer taking the time to review and clean-up the code for his/her successful active application(s). It takes character and a quality-first mindset to let the feature-creep go for a while and polish up the core stuff.

Jake, thank you for taking the time to do the right things right, every time. :)

Jim
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Posted by Krista:
Posted by gpzbc:
Toodledo's connection to Jott will do this.
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_jott.php

Uh, the majority of Reqall features are 100% free, however Jott has sold out and now charges a monthly fee. Sorry, but I don't want to pay $5-13/mo for what Reqall does for free.

Krista,

Personally I don’t consider a software developer deciding to charge for their products to be "selling out". After all, could you or I afford to spend full-time plus the cost of web space, bandwidth, phone lines, etc. just to give away the program freely to everyone and anyone who wants to use it? Maybe you; not me!

That said, I did indeed drop Jott when they announced their pricing structure as it seemed on the high side and they also greatly shortened the max time you could record a message to the point where you had to speak too fast for the speech recognition to work well at all. Jott's pricing seems geared more to corporations than individuals IMO.

Thanks!

Jim
pclark

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
CONGRATS TO THE TEAM!! a re-write is one of the best things you can do, thanks for making it smooth for us!

I struggle the same as tlaughlin's argument about the need for a little bit more project management. Perhaps with the recent re-write, a third party could allow Toodledo users that need a little more project management to be satifisfied.

I don't want to give up the simplicity of Toodledo on a daily basis, but would like to a way to review my tasks/projects on a weekly basis and re-prioritize for the week. I could see exporting out to an interface, acting on the data, and importing back into Toodledo.

And yes, I would pay for that service. Any ideas would be welcome. A mashup between Wrike.com's gantt interface, wtih Toodledo's tasks interface is a day dream i have often.

Thanks,
Paul
Jerry Seitzinger

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Interesting discussion. I have been researching both todo's and PM solutions and agree Toodledo is fantastic. PM's like Wrike are good but expensive for many collaborators. I like TD's price point, would suggest $5/mo tops. One feature that I think would be helpful would be ability to update task notes with emails in addition to creating them. I use it with 2do on ipod, syncs perfectly.
sosecure

Posted: Jun 20, 2010
Hi David, please get in touch re a project requiring developer, [email protected]
David

Posted: Jul 05, 2010
I'm confident that you'll be the most used todo list manager on the web and on iOS Devices once you get the UI issues addressed. I'm hoping this happens sooner than later though because there's always new competition on the horizon. If "Things" is any indication then it shows how people are willing to stick with an elegant overpriced Todo manager even if they are upset with the lack updates and extremely poor communication from the developers.
jimnyo

Posted: Jul 09, 2010
Posted by Alan:
Posted by ocube:
Not to add a dampener to the whole upbeat feeling, any chance of an interface refresh?

Ocube: I think was Toodledo is saying is that the previous version of the guts of Toodledo made it very difficult to make any changes and that in order to change the website, they had to rewrite the program, which is what they have accomplished. Now that this is done, I suspect interface improvements are on their way.

I firmly believe Toodledo "gets it" when it comes to the complaints about the interface and had to invest several months doing what they did in order to make improvements.

I'd also like to add my voice to this request. Congratulations and thank you for doing all that hard work. I also enjoy Toodledo very much but wish it was a little more visually pleasing. I'm also a bit overwhelmed by that lefthand sidebar, so I just stick with "To Do List". :) Sorry to be a whiner, but wasn't sure where I should post this, so I just wanted to say "ditto" and thanks!
tank71

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Thanks a lot for all the hard work. Keep it up!
pwwroa

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
Great, when are you going to improve tags?
Levi Wallach

Posted: Aug 09, 2010
I'm glad you are continuing to invest in your site and making things easier to update. So, my question, after almost three months since you posted this, is where are those updates? :) I only see basically a Gmail gadget work on the iPhone version. Not everyone uses gmail, nor an iPhone. So, just wondering when any new features might be added to the core website to make it more useful.

I've made a slew of suggestions and gotten responses back to each which essentially say that they are on your list. It's great you have a list an intentions, but with no timelines, or even an update every couple of months to add a small feature here or there, it tends to get a bit discouraging.

Don't get me wrong, you guys are still worlds above RTM, which me and many of their likewise former customers were begging for YEARS to add new functionality, but to which they simply complained at us for complaining. All they seemed to have worked on was new clients, and then promotional stuff like going to conferences. You guys actually DO add things, and perhaps 3 months is a bit overly optimistic, but when I saw your post it was very encouraging that this might enable faster and easier development of new functionality.

Can you give us any kind of update on whether we might be seeing some new features anytime in the upcoming months?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 2 Reference
We decided to bite off a big feature, so it is taking longer than usual between updates, but we are getting close to having a release which will include the big thing and a handful of small things as well.
Levi Wallach

Posted by Toodledo:
We decided to bite off a big feature, so it is taking longer than usual between updates, but we are getting close to having a release which will include the big thing and a handful of small things as well.

Yay! That's awesome news! I can't wait to see it (them)!
Salgud

Thanks for letting us know!
garyo

Posted by Toodledo:

Can't wait!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.