ForumsNewsToodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0

Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
jogo2

Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thank you for the quick response.

Refreshing the task page works just as you said - thanks.

I do use due dates, but I don't use "remind me" , so I'd rather not have the "remind me" field taking up space on the task details page. With the addition of the bar at the bottom, I can no longer see the top of my notes without scrolling. Removing "remind me" would fix that for me.

- John
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

Posted by Transisto:
Unfortunately as an old user I felt it being imposed on me given the prominence of the black stripe.

Many iPhone apps have this type of navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, implemented either as tabs or as a dock for buttons. I'd suggest that better use of fonts and spacing in the main part of the screen could be done to solve space issues.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2010.
Transisto

Posted: Jun 16, 2010
Score: -3 Reference
Posted by PeterW:
Many iPhone apps have this type of navigation bar at the bottom of the screen,

I've been hoping for such a stripe for a while, Unfortunately, it is about 7 pixel taller that the average stripe and contain only one novel button, "note".

I'd say 4-5 relevant function would be a big win. In it's current form, there should be a setting to hide it.

Posted by Toodledo:
The language off the app is controlled by the language settings on your iPhone. Apple does not provide a way for the language to be selected on a per-app basis.

You'll have to be more convincing, I really, don't want this app in french !
I did part of the translation and there exist no french word as small and succinct as the original ones.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010.
Mr. Walt

Thanks for the upgrade to the iPhone app and all your support in developing and improving Toodledo.

I'm running the upgrade on my iPhone 3G, v. 3.1.3 (7E18). Unfortunately the "Lock Portrait Rotation" preference selection does not appear to work. When "ON" is selected Toodledo still rotates to landscape.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for reporting the bug with lock portrait rotation. This will be fixed in the next update. Out soon.
Transisto

May I ask why someone felt the need to have my last post down voted and hidden ???

Seems nobody is using the UP vote for promoting comment.
I think 2 down and your gone a bit to harsh.
I'll repeat myself then...

Posted by Transisto:
I don't want this app in french !
I did "Most" of the translation and there exist no french word as small and succinct as the original ones.

Ps: This is not Reddit

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Transisto, We handle languages the same way that every other app on the iPhone does it, which is to respect the iPhone's selected language. This is the way that Apple mandates that it be done. I am sorry that it is not possible for you to have your entire iPhone be in French except for our app.
Transisto

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
I'd suggest that better use of fonts and spacing in the main part of the screen could be done to solve space issues.

I agree completely, I've had another look at it and the front page is very close to fit entirely in one page without scrolling. Given you remove the top and "new" bar.

If that page was static it would be a speed improvement as we would know exactly where to hit the screen without having to read before aiming.
Just waiting for it to stop before taking an aim is a bit disorienting.

As an easily distracted person I found myself loosing time/focus dragging that page up and down for no reason.
;)

Space is very limited for Labels, but Maybe it would be possible to merge two line side by side or on the stripe to have it all on one page and stable.

What do you think about the main page scrolling effect being distracting ?

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010.
PeterW 

@Transisto - yes I agree with you about the scrolling. I prefer the entire home page to be displayed without scrolling.

Although I am still using Appigo Todo for day-to-day use because I prefer the interface, so this issue isn't affecting me. Appigo has a dock at the bottom with buttons so it also loses a bit of screen space, but it has an option to hide folders. By default there are 4 fixed folders displayed on the Appigo home page (All, Focus, Starred & Inbox) and there is enough space below that to display 4 user-defined folders without scrolling.

I actually have 5 folders defined on Toodledo, but Appigo has an option to hide folders. So I hide one of my folders (Reference) as I rarely need to look at this while mobile. That way I get a home screen that doesn't scroll!

Here is a screenshot: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjmm1960/Appigo%20Todo.jpg

azymus

Hi, using the french version. Don't see this info on your forums. On the details section, all the field's label for date are "Date de". Not able to differentiate which date is Start, Due, Reminder or else.

Small display problem, there's no label under the folder button on the lower menu bar.

And I agree on two previous subjects. The sync button beside the settings button on the lower menu bar could be neat. And I don't really use the "Reminder" field, that will be great if we can move it in the order (if we can't put it in the unused fields list).

Thanks
Ben
Transisto

Posted by azymus:
Hi, using the french version. Don't see this info on your forums. On the details section, all the field's label for date are "Date de". Not able to differentiate which date is Start, Due, Reminder or else.

I had pushed for "due date" to be translated "Date Due" instead of "date d'echeance". For space reasons it cannot be displayed at many place in the apps.
The word is the same in french !

Same goes for "Max" instead of "Top" (priority).

Tu peut venir aider pour la traduction francaise en donnant ton avis ici : http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6365/0/fixing-french-translation-french-talk.html
Merci
David

Can you give us the option to add our own fields on the dock in a future update? It would look like this http://software.dazeend.org/action_lists/images/screenshots/action_lists.jpg and would require less tapping back and forth from the homescreen to get things done :) I don't really use the notebook or change the settings around that often so customizing this would be fantastic! Also if you can make Project tasks only show the subtasks when I press on them (just like in appigo todo) that would be great.

frapilu

I was thrilled to read in the update that we were getting notes but I'm so disappointed with the way they work. I expected lovely notes like in the tasks where I can use the return to do paragraphs or a list. What I see is a one-line "stream of consciousness" thing without any format at all. Am I missing something?

France
Captain_Obvious

Posted by David:
I don't really use the notebook or change the settings around that often ...

Posted by frapilu:
I'm so disappointed with the way they work...

I agree...

* I never used notes, (from what I read most people don't neither)

* Setting are not to be changed that often to deserve button on all pages.

* every time I start using the app I do a Sync to update with what I just did on the PC.
Now, not only is there an added step (going to setting) but my thumb finger can't reach the top right button. And... when I think about it, What is now in lieu of where it was ? Nothing!

It's very hard to fathom what went on in dev mind with parts of that update.
The only thing I can think of to justify such bad choices is if was looking better on the iPad and it was simply downscaled to fit the iPhone.

PS: By the time the iPad catch on, I'll be having whatever Android phone I can get my hands on, do people carry an iPad in their pocket all day ? they aren't power user by any stretch...
Just saying, Happy downvote,

-Captain obvious

This message was edited Jun 18, 2010.
Claudio

Posted: Jun 18, 2010
Posted by Captain_Obvious:
The only thing I can think of to justify such bad choices is if was looking better on the iPad and it was simply downscaled to fit the iPhone.
Actually, it doesn't look any better on the iPad version, and in some ways it is worse. There are still only three icons in the Tab Bar (at the bottom of the screen) when there's room for at least seven. It's a big waste of a space that could have been used to provide quicker access to frequently used functions, which should be customizable for each user. For example, I often use the Recent list to see what I recently entered or completed, but it's a lot of steps to get to it from another view. Also, Sync should be an icon at the bottom of the screen. There's plenty of room.
gaylon

Love the new iPhone enhancements. I ditched Appigo Notebook, but would be nice for HTML tags to be supported, or, better yet, rich text formatting w/o tags (as someone else mentioned). Minor issue for me, though. It was disconcerting to not have the Synch button available, but find that the sych works perfectly according to settings. I watch for the updating symbol and status bar, to be sure, but I can see how some would still like the button. This is becoming a truely usable iPhone app, as opposed to something I would use only if I didn't have any possible access to a full browser session. I'll add a new App Store rating...
wfolta

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Captain_Obvious:

PS: By the time the iPad catch on, I'll be having whatever Android phone I can get my hands on, do people carry an iPad in their pocket all day ? they aren't power user by any stretch...
Just saying, Happy downvote,

I think you have it backwards. Power users will carry an iPad all day, so they don't have to squint at tiny, phone-sized screens. No power user would get by with a postage-stamp-sized window into a professional schedule. (I'm a little over the top here, but it's fitting, considering your foolish comment.)

I can also view things on my phone in the evenings or on the off-times during the day when I might not have my iPad with me. (Full Disclosure: I've got a Toodledo Pro subscription, but I'm a Todo user... I want to like the Toodledo app, which I have bought, but it's cluttered while Todo is very elegant.)
Transisto

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by wfolta:

I think you have it backwards. Power users will carry an iPad all day, so they don't have to squint at tiny, phone-sized screens. No power user would get by with a postage-stamp-sized window into a professional schedule.

This is getting very off-topic,,, but I do promote the iPad a lot,... that is... to old people that are scared moving a mouse.
http://lifehacker.com/5559357/iphone-vs-android-showdown-which-phone-is-best-for-power-users
According to most power user, Android is superior to an iOS, iPhone or iPad.

This message was edited Jun 18, 2010.
siusiu

Posted: Jun 19, 2010
I think sb has reported the problem already.

I've found the "Folders" & "Due dates" labels shift fr the left to their correct positions when switching to the home Tasks page. They even disappear (actually cannot shift to the right positions) when in landscape display.

Pls fix asap or can i switch back to the previous version?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.