ForumsNewsiPhone app version 2.0.2

iPhone app version 2.0.2
ITAL SI

Posted: Jul 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The sub tasks list viewing is unreadable. There is no a real projects management view such as ToDo (Toodledo partner). Knowing how good copy from the "competitors" is a quality of managerial success. Then missing the opportunity to include activities like "Call", tied to a contact, type email, type "go there". From this point of view is too far back. The web part is fine, but this must be for a mobile devices. Philosophies and the needs and capabilities must be different, not just a small website view!

I'm a pro plus member, but on my iphone i have to use ToDo at the moment.
gerelee

Posted: Jul 12, 2010
Another thing is not working for me - I don't see recurring tasks in my Hotlist. I had set up a recurring birthday this week for someone, and that task didn't show up in my hotlist.
Cobrastyle

Just noticed the same issue as gerelee - my recurring tasks aren't showing up in my Hotlist on the main web site, but show up in ToDo on my iphone, as well as in the Toodledo Chrome plugin...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is probably being hidden by a filter. Try turning all the filters off and then see if the task appears. If it doesn't check the due-date and compare that to your hotlist preferences to see if it should appear yet.

Please post followups to this question in the Questions forum, since this thread is for the update to our iPhone app.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2010.
KatBoy

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
Anyone else having this problem with the new calendar feature? when date is selected it actually picks the date before. I'll also submit a support ticket.

Also, could calendar start date be optional as on website?
berndt

In Calendar: when I tap at f.e. the 22 of july I get the 21 of july.
And I can not set that monday is the first work day of the week. I have iPhone GS3 an iOS4.
/Berndt
chipmahaney

I'm a ProPlus member. Can I use the app to download/edit/upload files stored at ToodleDo.com?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the calendar bug. This is related to your timezone and daylight savings time. We will have this fixed in the next update which we will submit to Apple this week. In the meantime, you can work around this bug by using the button in the upper right corner to switch to the old wheel picker.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our iPhone app does not yet support file attachments, but this is on our to-do list.
jirvin_4505

Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the calendar bug. .. In the meantime, you can work around this bug by using the button in the upper right corner to switch to the old wheel picker.

wheel picker?
cant see this anymore. When i select custom date i get the calendar and say i pick the 15th the 14th is returned to the task - im working around by selecting a day ahead

per peterw ... wheel picker returns correct date - ta

This message was edited Jul 13, 2010.
PeterW 

When you go into the calendar screen to set a custom date, there is a button on the top right hand side of the screen. Tap that and the calendar will flip over to reveal a scroll-wheel date picker.
azymus

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
FYI. Hi, I ran through some problems with the french iPad version. Filters don't work. At least in the folders or the context view, Hotlist appear to be fine. And I'm not able to change the default for fields. The apps crash completely when I select the option to edit the defaults.

But, I also run the program under a french iPhone with iOS4. Everything is running fine. So the previous problem are only iPad related. Still, I like you apps. Thanks.
Willem-Jan

Posted: Jul 29, 2010
Love the app, just some further feature requests:
- Sync saved searches from web so they're available on the app too
- and/or allow for saving a number of filter presets within the app (home, work, etc.)
- UI: When looking at a list of tasks, move 'New task' button from top right to a permanent position on the bottom bar (for easy access from anywhere) and put a 'sort/filter' button in its place, as it's not clear that those words can be clicked, and easy to miss them once you know (triggering 'go back' or 'new task')
- When editing filters there are buttons to check/uncheck all when selecting contexts/tags. Could you add an 'invert selection' option too?

Thanks in advance!
Claudio

Posted by Willem-Jan:
- UI: When looking at a list of tasks, move 'New task' button from top right to a permanent position on the bottom bar (for easy access from anywhere) and put a 'sort/filter' button in its place, as it's not clear that those words can be clicked, and easy to miss them once you know (triggering 'go back' or 'new task')
Good idea and I agree with your points about the sort and filter.

But, I have another suggestion: Leave "Add task" where it is (to me, it makes more sense to have the Add function at the top) and put "Sort/Filter" at the bottom, and, instead of the "Notebook" icon, have the choice of an icon for a user-configurable default view just like the website. Make the availability of Notebook an option in Settings.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.