ForumsNewsiPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3

iPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad app has just received an update to version 2.0.3.

✔ Fixed bug where clicking a date in the calendar would pick the previous day for people observing daylight savings time
✔ The app will no longer freeze up for a few seconds when completing a repeating task on iOS4 with "sync on edit" enabled.
✔ If a sync isn't possible due to the iPhone being in airplane mode, the warning will now be less intrusive.
✔ Sync on Startup will now work more reliably.
✔ Improvements to Italian and French translations
✔ Added German translation

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

Thanks
bgreiner

Hello,

Sync on startup does still not work for me with the new version.

iOS 4.0.1, iPhone 3G
ITAL SI

Score: 1 Reference
Still not clear distinction between main task and sub task in list view.
It looks flat and hardly distinguishable.
Ricket

Score: 1 Reference
I don't mean to hijack this thread but... When will the Android app get updated to existence? Is there even one being made? Your milk-remembering competitor has an official app, and my pro subscription is almost up for renewal... Or cancellation... I really need a todo app on my new android phone, with school starting in a month...
Dr George Brown

Sync on startup still doesn't work for me either. I did not upgrade to OS4.0.
gideonkaplan

sync on startup does not work for me v3xx (look at my old posts for exact version)
it actually works the second time you start the app tho

did you guys actually test the app on a non 4.0os iphone? or can this happen when theres an old install (like most current users would be)

i haven't tried to delete the app and start over entering,user/pass, ui prefs, etc (btdt too many times already)
th.zimmermann

Posted: Jul 18, 2010
How do I turn off german translation?
brianpratt

Sync on startup isn't working reliably for me, either. I'm on a 2nd Gen iPod touch with iOS 4.

Sometimes it happens on its own, but it seems like most of the time I have to force the sync. I can't tell what the difference might be.
Darrel

Sync on startup always works for me on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1.
Allen

Posted: Jul 19, 2010
Posted by Ricky28269:
I don't mean to hijack this thread but... When will the Android app get updated to existence?

I don't mean to enforce the hijacking of this thread, but...

There's a third party app in the Android marketplace, Got To Do, that is excellent. . . have you tried it? I had the same sentiments as you until I tried it. Now, as far as I'm concerned, an official app would be a waste of time better spent on the TD site.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2010.
SRhyse

Sync on startup works for me with my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.
Paul White

Sync on startup is still unreliable for me. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I haven't been able to discover any kind of pattern. I'm using my old iPhone 3G with iOS 4.0.1 (mainly because the iPhone 4 hasn't been released in Canada yet!).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2010
In our testing on iOS 4 and iOS 3 devices we have not found any sync on startup errors with version 2.0.3 of our app, but we will keep looking.
djembe1

Toodledo, based on your response I got off the fence and synced, backed up, and upgraded my Touch 2G running iOS 4 to 2.0.3 (I had been holding at 2.0.0, based on comments).

The first three times I went in ("first time", "give it another chance", "run something else, then try again"), I saw no evidence of the initial sync. Light bulb. On the web site (via my PC) I changed a couple tasks. On the Touch I went back in to Toodledo. Sync on Startup happened. Is it possible that you sped up the Sync on Startup process so that if there are no changes needed, it never displays the progress popup? Or it displays and removes the progress before my Touch can even display it? I'm not one to argue with faster.
Original Account

I'm also experiencing the issue with Sync on startup as well. iOS 4, 3G. No real pattern as to when it works though, tried rebooting, WiFi, no difference.
gerelee

Posted: Jul 25, 2010
With this update sync on start-up works, but not every time, so it can leave my browser-based Hotlist out of sync for a while.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2010.
djembe1

Posted: Jul 25, 2010
I have been carefully monitoring since my post 5 days ago, and I have yet to have a missed Sync on Startup when there was a difference between the web and my Touch. Maybe I've been very lucky, but I haven't encountered the circumstance that disproves my hypothesis that if the two databases are already in sync when the iPhone app checks on startup, then the sync bar doesn't display. I'm assuming that the website and the iPhone app both maintain overall last synced and last changed dates, and if a quick compare of those shows no changes, then the sync can quit without checking each task in detail. That way the sync could be completed before there was time to display the bar.
Matt Suda

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
I have noticed that the Toodledo iPhone app puts tasks in a different order than the Toodledo website, even though I have the same sort options turned on, in both the website, and in the iPhone app. I have the iPhone app and the website sorted by due date, and then by priority, and then by date added. The website shows tasks from newest to oldest (like emails in an email account). While the iPhone app shows tasks in a really weird way ----- most tasks are shown from oldest to newest, and some of the newest tasks are appearing above the oldest. The task that says Renew Toodledo Pro subscription for $14.95 in the iPhone screenshot attached, is showing above the oldest tasks when that task is the newest task, under tasks due in the next 7 days. I hope this is fixed very very soon. I have payed for the Toodledo iPhone app, and I plan on purchasing a Toodledo Pro subscription after my 7 day trial has ended, if I like what I see.

Thanks!
- Matt

This message was edited Jul 26, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2010
In the screenshot that you attached, the 4 tasks at the bottom have the same due-date, priority and date added. When tasks match in all three sort criteria, their further sorting will be random since there is no 4th criteria for sorting.
djembe1

Posted: Jul 29, 2010
I have continued to monitor Sync on Startup, and I have encountered an occurrence of making a change on the web, and not getting that transferred to my Touch on Startup. My hypothesis is disproved. Find and fix, please.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.