ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 13, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Stu, this bug was fixed in version 1.2, which is a free upgrade from the App store.

Tsinvest, Thanks for the suggestions.
Danny

Posted by Toodledo:
You'll just need to tap and scroll outside of the note field. This is the way Apple makes it work.

I swear I've seen other large text boxes that don't break page scrolling, and I can't imagine Apple would let an oversight that big creep by them unnoticed and unfixed.
stuu

Posted by Toodledo:
Stu, this bug was fixed in version 1.2, which is a free upgrade from the App store.

That's strange, because I have version 1.2 (and I just checked the about screen to be sure!)

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 14, 2008
Hmm, I thought we fixed it... I can't make it happen on my iPhone. Exactly which fields are you using on your iPhone. And can you cause this to happen every time you click on a tag?

Thanks
deleteduser

Posted: Nov 14, 2008
The start-up is very quick initially, but becomes VERY slow once synchronized with the server. Perhaps too much data to load? Maybe you can load limited number of tasks (e.g. hotlist, starred tasks, without notes) on start-up?
thomas.haselwanter

Posted: Nov 15, 2008
I love the iPhone app. It's a real killer application for me and I keep it on my primary screen for quick access. The application works brilliantly and served me very well so far for hundreds of tasks. I have only one aesthetic issue: The icon isn't beautiful. The white square box in the background is off-center and irritates the eye. I'd just leave the check box away if it can't be centered. The corners of the icon don't have the kind of highlights that give most other iPhone icons a beveled look. (Check out the AirSharing icon for a very well done example of that particular aspect).

This message was edited Nov 15, 2008.
Fernando

Posted: Nov 17, 2008
Terrific app. Finally we have a search engine and multiple ways to display the tasks and folders...

Only one thing missing that I believe is "easy" to do. Can we have the items sorted descendent and ascendent? My case is that I have 1000+ overdue tasks because of my usage (not so many things left for maƱana). So when I like to see yesterday for deleting or passing items to today, it is really long to get to the bottom of all tasks. Alternatively we could have a new button like "yesterday" or "recent overdues".
Other improvement, probably more difficult or even impossible is the alarms in tasks.

Thanks for the interest and the app itself

Fernando
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
george

hi,

good job on the update, but I don't know what happened it just erased a task on openning the app and it erased it after synching.

I remember the task and it had nothing weird or different from other tasks. It was assigned to a folder, it had due date, priority, context and status. It was overdue for a week.

I really can't think anything different on that specific task to be erased after synching.

Any recent bug report about that? Anyone else had problems with cold blood erases? :(

As expected the task is removed from the site as well.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2008.
stuu

Posted by Toodledo:
Hmm, I thought we fixed it... I can't make it happen on my iPhone. Exactly which fields are you using on your iPhone. And can you cause this to happen every time you click on a tag?

It just showed up for one cycle, and I couldn't make it happen any more.
I *think* my fields were: folder, context, due date, repeat, priority, tag, status, star
Oh, and althoguh I doubt this matters, I'm using an iPod Touch (OS v2.1)

And... I updated to 1.3 before seeing your reply <g>
Yannick

Posted: Nov 18, 2008
Nice update.

I'm having one small glitch though: Sometimes when I view a list of tasks it shows the importance of some tasks, but when I scroll they dissapear. I don't really want to see them (i don't use priorities), but I don't think it is supposed to show them before scrolling. I can mail a few screenshots and better description if wanted.
mrudmik

I downloaded version 1.3 and I'm very grateful to have the new subtask feature. ToodleDo has become my most used iPhone app.

I'm still hoping to have a larger task note field view, so I could see 20+ lines at once, instead of the current 8 lines.
deleteduser

New feature request: Filing Mode

The majority of time when I use a todo list (apart from actually doing the tasks) is filing new tasks into folders/contexts. To be able to do this on the iPhone would be a great use of time, because this process doesn't require much thinking, so can be done anywhere.

I think Toodledo can borrow the 'filing mode' concept in 'Things' app. In 'filing mode', when you click on a task, a folder list pops up and you can click on the folder name to file it. Then you click on the next task... etc. until all the tasks in the inbox have been filed (or your train/bus have arrived).

1.3 is a great improvement! well done guys!

This message was edited Nov 18, 2008.
george

hi,

since it seems I'm one of the few unfortunate users that somehow I get tasks erased can I make a suggestion?

Actually this is a suggestion for the site.

Add a Deleted (Trash Can) link where deleted tasks appear (at least for a week). I can't think of any way the task to disappear unless it gets deleted so hopefully it will be placed in the trash can. The user then can recover it.

thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
George,

The only reason why a task would get deleted is if it was an optional task with a due-date that passed. The most likely scenario is that the tasks are being hidden by one of your filters, like the "Hide future tasks" filter. If you know the name of the task, you could go to the search section and try searching for it.

Hope that helps.
george

hi and thanks for the reply.

It was not an optional task, but it was outdated for sure. All my filters are off except the completed tasks to be hidden. I remember the name of the task and I have already tried to find it using search. I searched the site as well and it's not there either.

Also as I wrote on the previous post and on the bug submission page after successful synching I saw it reduced the "All Tasks" and the "Hotlist" number of tasks by one.

I know it was my bad luck for common software glitches that noone can explain and never happen again and appear only to the few of us that are destened to face problems noone has ever faced before, but I was hoping for a way to recover it...like the "Trash Can" link that I suggested on the previous post.
Not that if you implement that I will recover my lost task, but in the future maybe it won't be an issue again.

Apart from anything related to that problem the suggestion for a way to see or recover deleted tasks still stands so I hope you think of it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Toodline

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Hello, i love this Side and ToDo. Is a great app but
my English is not so good.
I wish a translation of this side in german.

Thank you
salustri

Posted: Nov 25, 2008
Still enjoying Toodledo on the iphone immensely.

One thing: I still think it would be good if repeating items did not require sync'ing to generate the next occurrence. I've been syncing scrupulously so I haven't noticed if this has been tweaked.

Has it been addressed? If not, are there plans to do so?

Cheers, and thanks.
Fil
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Yes, we plan to allow repeating task to repeat without a sync. This will be in a future update.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.