ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
This is on the to-do list. For now, the easiest thing to do is to delete the task on the last day.
mkcmobile

Posted: Feb 08, 2009
Brand new user to iphone, toodledo, and toodledosync. Wanted to have to-do mgmt on iphone with ability to sync outlook tasks. So I put on an app (Ultimate todo) entered about 25 tasks with contexts and tags, then registered on toodledo. I was able to sync between the app and toodledo fine. I then downloaded the toodledosync and synced between toodledo and outlook. Said it went fine, but I didn't see any task differences on toodledo. So I created 3 new ones in outlook and resynced with toodledosync. Those 3 made it up -- but all the others vanished. I see no trash or deleted items. I figured the next step was not a good idea, but decided better to find out now than before really investing a lot of time in this train. I synced Ultimate todo and toodledo. Yep, now I have those 3 tasks on my iphone. All the others are gone (that app doesn't have a deleted files or trash either). So I'm guessing this is ultimately a problem with toodledosync -- but inability to recover seems like a big shortfall toodledo. Unless I'm missing it somewhere in the navigation (I am new to the site afterall). Note I read the earlier messages -- and I certainly only have one account on toodledo so I'm not confused with two accounts.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2009
The toodledosync application was written by a third-party and is not supported by us. There have been other reports of tasks getting deleted via toodledosync, so you might want to be contact the developer to see what actions might cause this. You can reach the developer at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Also, the "Ultimate Todo" iPhone app is not developed or supported by us either, so if the problem ends up being with that application you'll need to contact them for support here: http://www.mmdesoft.com/ut/index.html
mkcmobile

Thanks. I was thinking about the problem of relying on 4 separate s/w vendors in my "train" -- Microsoft, Dragon, Toodledo, Ultimate... Probably not a good idea in the long run either way!

I do think it's a sync issue and will let them know. Thanks for replying. I do suggest you consider a "deleted" or "trash" folder or something to recover.
shelbyringram

Not sure if this is where i should be posting this but I upgraded my account yesterday using my credit card and still no upgrade?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
shelbyringram, you can create a support ticket for that question. Be sure to include the receipt ID# for your purchase so we can look it up.
shelbyringram

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
I already did a ticket, I just went in a few hours ago and updated my ticket with the conf info. Am I possibly doing something wrong, kind of bothersome that I paid and was suppose to be done in a few minutes
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Well if you paid with an eCheck, it has to clear your bank which takes around 4 days. If you paid with a credit card, it will be instantaneous.
shelbyringram

I paid with a cc it came out immediately. Did you see my open ticket yet? Is there a way to tell for sure that I have done everything right?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Lets move this conversation to your private ticket.
Lasrat1

Posted: Feb 15, 2009
testing
RC-DC

Posted: Feb 20, 2009
Of course this is in no way a priority, but I was wondering if there are any plans for updating the app GUI. I think the functionality of Toodledo online with the app is outstanding, and could be "even better if" it had some GUI options. A few other appstore applications offer choices for customizing the look/feel, such as Todo (which I have now removed after testing the lite version - it just doesn't hold a candle to Toodledo's app). Also, I think the app "Done" has a very sleek layout with the black background, white text, and colored buttons.

Just a thought, and not up there with fixing any bugs or programming improvements to the app.

This message was edited Feb 20, 2009.
tharline

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
Small bug in iPhone syncing:
I just created 4 tasks with the handy "Add multiple tasks" feature on the website.
These did not sync to the iPhone until I did a:
home->Settings->Synch->Modify acct Login->
"Force Tooldedo.com -> iPhone"
(Note that other tasks synced OK - so I did a normal sync first to lose nothing).

FWIW, I set context, due date, and priority the same, left the other fields blank.
Obviously I have the work around, but wanted to make sure it was stuck to the end of the ol' dev to-do list.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 16, 2009
Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into this.
brian-johnson

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Has anyone else seen a problem with the Toodledo iPhone app and Daylignt savings time?

I created a bunch of Todos over the winter (eastern standard time) and after the switch to Daylight Savings time, I noticed that they all had due dates one day early on the iPhone (but correct on the Toodledo web site.) I am guessing that internally, they have a date/time shortly after midnight, and when my iPod switched to DST, their due date was effectively changed to late the day before.

I was able to work around this by forcing a reload of all the tasks from the web to my iPod, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if there is a fix in the works.
brian-johnson

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Oops - found the answer. It appears that there is a bug and that a fix is on the way.
todd

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
My computer syncs to Toodledo and my iphone syncs to toodledo. If I change, add or delete a task on my computer, when toodledo online syncs it changes my computer back to what is stored on the web in toodledo. I want to be able to change anywhere and have the last change be what shows up everywhere. What do I need to change?
Thanks
pia

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Can you add the ability to view shared folders for collaboration to the iPhone app please.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 19, 2009
todd, it sounds like you are using Outlook. You'll need to contact the developer of that app for support. It sounds like your timezone might be off, but you'll need to ask him at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Pia, This is on our to-do list.
logik9

Posted: Mar 24, 2009
Posted by brian-johnson:
Oops - found the answer. It appears that there is a bug and that a fix is on the way.

i have the same problem...
we need an update

any suggestion?

Dave
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.