ForumsNewsLocations, Reverse Sort, and More

Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
eykanal

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
@ brevious, you're probably thinking of github. However, that's very different from here.

~~~~

I'm going to echo PeterW's thoughts. What you have here is users - most likely power users - giving you free advice as to what we think is a problem. The only similarity between us forum-goers is that (1) we use Toodledo and (2) we care enough about it to post to your forum. Other than that, we each use it completely differently, and we each have completely different opinions as to how it should be developed. As such, when a large majority of the people in this forum agree that a particular aspect of Toodledo needs to be revamped, chances are that the vast majority of the other users would agree too.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
Captain_Obvious

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by brevious:
there is a place where software's users can vote for their prefered new features to be developped next..

It must be UserVoice.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010.
rlopez7

Score: 0 Reference
The bi-directional sorting does not seem to be working in the mobile (www.toodledo.com/slim) version. Is it suposed to work also there?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Bidirectional sorting is only for the main site for now. It will be in the mobile site in a future update.
Technocrap

Posted: Sep 12, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
The reason why you are seeing a lot of iPhone updates recently is because we now have a full time iPhone developer.

Is there a way I could get back to the v1.6.3 (May 4) of the iPhone apps ?
v2.0 upward added many annoyance I can't live with.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 13, 2010
I am sorry that you are not happy with our enhancements. I do not know of a way to downgrade to 1.6.3. Perhaps if you jailbroke your phone and found an old cracked version of our app, but you're on your own with that route.

If you let us know what annoys you, we will try to fix it.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:

If you let us know what annoys you, we will try to fix it.

Taking away the sync button made me switch to something else.

I use many 3rd party apps and the web version. That meant syncing 5-10 time a day.

It is somewhere in setting, I know. Still an awkward move.

This message was edited Oct 09, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2010
Before the change (which was several versions ago, by the way) you would have to back all the way out of wherever you were (many clicks) to get to the sync button and then you would lose your place. Now, you can tap on the "Settings" button (1 click) and the sync button is right there in the top corner. Tap it to start a sync, and then you can switch back to the tasks tab and you haven't lost your place. We think that this is better and quicker.

Also, you can turn on auto-sync in the settings and Toodledo will magically sync for you without you having to worry about it.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 10, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
you would have to back all the way out of wherever you were (many clicks) (but at the same location)to get to the sync button and then you would lose your place. Now, you can tap on the "Settings" button (1 click) and the sync button is right there in the top corner. Tap it to start a sync, and then you can switch back to the tasks tab and you haven't lost your place. We think that this is better and quicker.

Also, you can turn on auto-sync in the settings and Toodledo will magically sync for you without you having to worry about it.

ThankYou, From that angle it make some sense. But as nothing is there instead, it is still a lost.

"turn on auto-sync" : I've read about that often but can't find that option yet, the closest thing to it is "sync on startup"

If there's an app that stay open 24/7 it is my todo app, So this one is near useless for me.

As I said, don't mind, I'm not using it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Try "Sync on Edit". That will do a sync every time you edit anything in the app.
clason

Posted: Oct 14, 2010
I love bi-directional sorting. Great new feature!

Is there any plans afoot to add sorting to second and third tier columns (i.e. sort by priority forward and then by context backward and then by length forward?)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2010
Yes, this has been requested. It will probably be added in a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.