ForumsNewsImprovements to Locations and Sorting

Improvements to Locations and Sorting
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
We have just released the following bug fixes/improvements.

1) The sort toolbar now has a more intuitive method for picking the sort direction.
2) On the public sharing page, notes are now viewable again.
3) In your account settings, it is now possible to pick the units used for displaying distances (miles or kilometers).
4) When viewing a collaborator's list in the location view, the map will now show all of their locations.
5) Switching the location tab that you are on while the map is hidden will now cause the map to secretly update so when you reveal the map, the correct location is highlighted.
6) It is now possible to sort by distance when in Multi-Line view with a manual location set.
7) You can now reverse sort by Importance.
8) The slim website will now ask for permission to have your current location only when you enter the location view.
Purveyor

Posted: Aug 30, 2010
Impressive! Seriously.
DanH_2

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Impressive. One tiny editorial note: I find the word "forwards" a little jarring. While I don't suppose it is actually wrong, I believe "forward" would be more in keeping with modern usage.
PeterW 

I think there is a problem with the distance calculation of the locations feature.

I've set home and work locations. The closest possible route between the two points according to Google Maps is 30.8km. Toodledo is reporting a distance of 25.7km.

How can this be?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think Google is taking you on roads, but we are calculating the "as the crow flies" distance.
PeterW 

Well I guess that will be helpful when I get my helicopter.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
It is outside of our ability to continuously recalculate the shortest driving distances from wherever you are to every location that you have in your account. If you need driving directions, or exact driving distances, you will need to switch over to Google for that. We provide a line of site distance, which should be good enough to determine what is nearby and what is further away.
PeterW 

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Fair enough, and apologies for the wisecrack. ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.