ForumsNewsiPhone App Updated

iPhone App Updated
adam.itzkowitz

Posted: Nov 16, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
1) Will my old tasks erase once I update the app?

2) I have Toodledo listed as one of my iphone calendars, but it isn't updating to the current list of tasks... any tips?
ayembee

Posted: Nov 17, 2008
excellent work. the 1.3 update was a great move forward. plenty of little things addressed. i've been trying out RTM's iPhone app, but it just doesn't seem to do it for me...

one thing that would really, REALLY be worth considering based on my experience with RTM's app is support for location -- that was superb. A "nearby tasks" feature is a real killer for the iPhone.

otherwise, glad "today's tasks" is now an app badge option, really helps keep things focused :)
rainbow.lentil

Posted: Nov 17, 2008
Really love and appreciate the update- especially the addition of subtasks, which has encouraged me to upgrade to a pro account.

I do feel, however, that the implementation is rather clunky. Unless I am missing something (and I hope I am!!), subtasks can only be added by creating and saving a task, and then going back into it to edit????

Surely, whilst a good option in itself, the ability to create a subtask as part of project or task's creation would also be useful??

Also- again, it would have been nice to see, not just an indication of which tasks have subtasks- but a PERCENTAGE COMPLETE figure on the main task tables.

If, for example a task has 4 subtasks, and 3 of them have been completed, then a red (as in unfinished) 75% could be displayed on the main task in the listings; immediately indicating how complete a project is, and where ANY incomplete nested subtasks are within all tasks.

Please could this be a consideration within future updates???
Thankyou
Deborah Pickett

Posted: Mar 02, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
* Fixed a bug where the due-date of a task may be moved back by 1 day
after you sync the task to Toodledo, if you live in certain European
or Asian timezones.

This bug has started happening for me. I am using the Toodledo iPhone app 1.4.1. My time zone is UTC+11, and I have set my local time correctly on toodledo.com. (Just double-checking . . . yep, it's 13.15 on my iPhone, 13.15 on my settings page, 13.15 on the wall clock.)

Here's what I am doing:

1. On toodledo.com, add a non-repeating task, due in the future (1 May).
2. Start iPhone Toodledo app. Let it sync.
3. Note due date on iPhone app (30 April).

This also has the same effect:
1. On iPhone Toodledo app, add a non-repeating task, due in the future (1 May).
2. Exit app.
3. Start app. Let it sync.
4. Note due date on app (30 April).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2009
Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into it.
sventhebrit

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Hi,
Just posted same error in the General section - Subject: Due Date.
Sorry, I hadn't seen this thread.
Any news on a fix?
Steve
tandsboyd

Posted: Mar 07, 2009
I am experiencing same or similar issue.

All sorts of tasks that are due on Monday (today is Saturday) are showing up in date view as due tomorrow (Sunday) even though they are set to repeat on Monday and Friday.

Update on fix please.

Steve
codelode84

Posted: Mar 08, 2009
I am experiencing an issue where on the iphone my hotlist is over populated compared to the website. When I look at my daily list everything due tomorrow has come over to today. That is why hot list is over populated. Does this have something to do with the time change tonight?
bettylarsen

Did Daylight Savings Time mess up the due dates on my iPhone? My Today list on my phone is showing tasks that are marked as due tomorrow, March 9. They stubbornly won't move! Help! This seems like a bug I believe I recall happening when I was testing out this app last fall. Now I'm wondering if that also was a Daylight Saving issue also. Hope you are able to get to the bottom of this problem. I love the app and it keeps me on task - but this confusion is such a distraction.
roddyt

I found the same problem. All due dates are now one day earlier.

I was able to fix it though. I did a complete purge of everything, after a re-sync, the dates are back to normal.
scottnwdw

I am having the same issue as well where tomorrow's tasks are showing up due today on the hotlist on the iPhone app. Even on the website, all tomorrows tasks are showing up due today, but the due dates are correct.

I also have Appigo's ToDo App on my iPhone, and everything shows up correctly in that App.
GM

I'm having the same issue. I reinstalled the iPhone app, which repopulated the data, so all is good with that. HOWEVER, I'm still having bettylarsen's problem of the Today list showing today's and tomorrow's tasks. That's on both the desktop and the iPhone. Is a fix on the way?
terry

I'm having similar problems. On iphone app today's tasks show as overdue and everything in the future shows one day sooner than it should. On the website today and tomorrow show as due today.
I tried purging but that didn'correct the problem on iPhone.
Steve_1354340810

Same problem here. Due today March 9 on the iPhone, due tomorrow March 10 on the desktop. Reluctant to purge, as I understand I will lose voice notes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2009
It's definitely a daylight savings bug. Wait one day and it should be cleared up. Also, please make sure that your timezone is still set correctly on the iPhone and the website.
nrossneil

Same problems here. Tomorrow's tasks are showing as due today.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is a bug with daylight savings time on the iPhone. If you go into the Synchronization settings page in the app and go into "Modify Account Login" and push the "Force Toodledo.com -> iPhone sync" button, it will re-download everything from the website and fix all the due-dates that got pushed ahead by a day.

We have the bug fixed already, but because Apple takes several weeks to approve updates, it won't get here in time (obviously). The above method will work for sure.
Winston Chiu

cross-posting:

I'm having that very same problem. This issue may be a bug in connection to the upgrade. Need help. FYI, I'm using Ultimate ToDo (perhaps something to do with your API). Thanks!

PS: I've also tried purging and force the app to re-copy from Toodledo.com
pilecky

Same problem with due dates. I don't see the "force toodledo,com" button. I forced a copy for all tasks from the server but that did not fix the problem. Please advise.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Tap "Settings", then "Synchronization", then "Modify Account Login", then "Force Toodledo.com -> iPhone sync". This should take care of it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.