ForumsNewsAdding Subtasks, Multi-Add, Scrolling and more

Adding Subtasks, Multi-Add, Scrolling and more
davidlmontgomery

Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Something else that would improve the "add subtasks" layer for me: if it did not appear immediately over where the current subtask list is (when that list is shown with the "Indented" display option.

When I am adding subtasks, especially adding multiple subtasks, I want to be able to view the current subtask list. It reminds me of things I want to enter, and seeing it I'm less likely to enter something that is already there.
Salgud

Posted by Pe TS FAD Projects:
Multi-Add cool, although I kind of miss having the Add Task at the bottom of the list - I'll get used to the change. :)

Locked menus/nav doesn't seem to work in Safari 5.0.2, unless there's a pref I missed somewhere to turn it on.

Thanks!

As in the original post:

This is in your account settings, under the "Show Tasks as" heading.

HTH
andrew.yeh.10

I would like to compliment you on a fantastic release. It's also nice to note that you're not releasing new, unstable useless features but rather balancing new features with improving old ones.
PeterW 

Posted: Sep 25, 2010
Posted by davidlmontgomery:
Something else that would improve the "add subtasks" layer for me: if it did not appear immediately over where the current subtask list is (when that list is shown with the "Indented" display option.

When I am adding subtasks, especially adding multiple subtasks, I want to be able to view the current subtask list. It reminds me of things I want to enter, and seeing it I'm less likely to enter something that is already there.

Yes, I agree. On the Stylish theme I was using, this broke things for me - the popup appeared at the bottom of the screen and there was a large blank space at the top where the add task window normally opens.

I'd like an option to put the add subtask window at the top where the add task window normally displays.
Jrod

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
The multi-add for subtasks is huge. Great improvement.

I also really, really like the fixed scrolling feature.

Both these improvements make working in TD quite a bit smoother.
jastram

Posted: Sep 27, 2010
@Administrator:

@jastram: You must have the experimental scrolling feature turned on.

Actually, I did have it turned on, but the problem exists irrespective of this. However, I managed to shrink (but not remove) the space by adding and removing columns a few times.

I may be on the wrong track here, but I had a look at the HTML. There I found the following (omitted the pointy brackets):

div id="newAssgn" class="field" ...

Could that be a relict of the old "Assign" column that for whatever reason still takes up space?

Best,

- Michael
jwlowery

I would also vote to bring back the "Add a Subtask" button at the bottom of sub-task lists as a user defined option please!
JPR

Posted by jwlowery:
I would also vote to bring back the "Add a Subtask" button at the bottom of sub-task lists as a user defined option please!

+1
jzamoras

Posted by JPR:
Posted by jwlowery:

+1

+1
Alan

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Great release! All kinds of useful things. It feels good to pay for a service that continues to grow and evolve. I feel like a portion of the already-low cost is going towards making it even better.
Erlend Aakre

Posted: Sep 29, 2010
Subtasks are awesome, only wish they showed up in the public view of the todo list.

Also when no Length is set for the parent task, it could be nice if this showed the sum of the Lengths for all the subtasks.

And when sorting by Context so that all tasks are grouped by context with a blue header for each context, it would be very handy if the total number of hours (Length) of all tasks in that context was written on the header along with context title

This message was edited Sep 30, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.