ForumsNewsView and block third-party apps

View and block third-party apps
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
We have added a way for you to see which third-party apps have access to your account, and when they last did. You can also block apps from accessing your account, if you are unable to delete the app externally.

http://www.toodledo.com/active_apps.php
Technocrap

Wow, I've 14 if I remove "Unidentified Third Party App #0 ?"

Nice to see and good security feature.
Thanks

Edit: I also have 5 pocket informant. ..?

This message was edited Nov 05, 2010.
HansD

Nice! Perhaps an idea to mail this when a new app will access the account, or is accessing the data after being dormant for x time... ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You may have multiple copies of an app in the list for each version of the app that you have run in the past. Once developers switch over to API 2.0, different versions will be collapsed down into one listing.
albert.keizer

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Nice. Was just thinking about this feature last week.
Much appreciated.
kq6ra

I see you have posted a direct link http://www.toodledo.com/active_apps.php

Is there a way to access this from my account settings or the tools page? It would be nice to not have to remember this link each time.
Allen

It's at the bottom of your Account Settings page, "Externally Syncing Apps"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2010
It is also on the "Tools & Services" page near the "Third party apps" section.
wright.dave

Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Cool feature except I beleive that this is what is making my VBA code for import and export inactive... Is there a way to allow for access by an application??

What I am using is VBA script that linked to the Current and Completed task link, opened the file and made them 1 excel CSV file. Additional, I have vbs script that would open the page where import files were made.. Anyway around this new feature from blocking VBA links from accessing??

I know that I could use the API and link, however I do not have the time to learn a new API, define, and program.. The VBA links were a great alternative even thorugh they were not perfrect...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 11, 2010
We are not blocking your VBA scripts, and this new feature wouldn't block them either, unless you went in and blocked them yourself. There must be something else going wrong with the VBA scripts. Try posting a question in the developers forum or third-party apps forum for technical advice.
wright.dave

The scripts worked prior to the change, all the do is open the import and export as a link so there is nothing that can really go wrong on this end..

Will check to see what is blocked in my list and see if it can be corrected...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The thing that we announced in this thread only blocks things from using the API. If you are not using the API, then it is not affecting you. Must be something else.
wright.dave

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
The VBA links are working, they open the proper ToodleDo page which was not happening the other day.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.