ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1.1 Released

iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad app has just received an update to version 2.1.1.

There is a bug in this version that prevents non-english characters from displaying properly. We are very sorry for this bug. We have already fixed it and submitted an update to Apple for approval. We have requested an expedited review from Apple, so hopefully it will be approved quickly.

This is a display issue only. Your data has not been corrupted, however you should avoid making changes to tasks on the iPhone, because this could cause some of the incorrect characters to sync to the website.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

✔ Task alarms can now be sent from the iOS device, instead of coming from the website. This will make reminders arrive more reliably, especially when you are in an area with poor network performance and for iPod touch users.
✔ The Hotlist can now be customized to include tasks with a star and tasks with a status of "next action".
✔ Locations, Goals and Tags are now a possible start-page. You can pick this in the settings section.
✔ Added "Repeat with parent" option to match website options when using subtasks.
✔ Added a "Started" list in the "Due-Date" section to view tasks with a start date that have started.
✔ When emailing a task from in the app, the email will now contain a link that will open that task in the iOS app. This is a handy way to send a task to someone else.
✔ Sorting by "Start Date" will now sort by "start-time" as well, for tasks with the same date
✔ Bug fix for crash that would occasionally happen when checking off a repeating task with "Sync on Edit" enabled.
✔ Fixed bug where tags were being forced into all lower case.
✔ Fixed buggy behavior when a task is set to "repeat from completion date" and then synced on a different day from the day you completed it.
✔ Fixed bug with manually sorted subtasks sometimes being sorted backwards on the iPhone.
✔ Improvements to German, French and Italian translations
✔ Addition of Spanish and Japanese translations
✔ New application icon.

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
danielsve

Nooo, this update introduced some kind of encoding problem: Scandinavian characters (åäö) are messed up!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
danielsve

Posted by Toodledo:
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks

Done!
claetsch

Score: 1 Reference
Danielsve is not alone: the upgrade messed up the umlaut characters for me too (in German). I was able to correct individual entries by re-entring each todo, but only for the todos themselves. This does not work for contexts, the umlauts therein turn out messed up, even though they are correct in the web gui.

Pleeeease, this is the year 2010! Is it possible that character sets are still a Problem?!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have confirmed this bug and will get on it ASAP. If you have not yet updated your app and use non-english characters, please hold off on installing this update. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
lovecicada

Score: -1 Reference
Also experiencing same problems but with Russian. Have posted a ticket.
scy

Another "me too". As far as I can see, the items with broken charset are _not_ synchronized to the site if you don't touch them, so I'd suggest everyone to not modify any items until a new version is released. If you didn't update yet, better don't.

And Toodledo should think about a better pre-release testing process. ;)
korean.english

Yet another "me, too." The update scrambled code for Korean characters. These synced and iPhone/iPad-scrambled Korean items still display just fine on the web version of Toodledo, however.
Javier

Same problem in Spanish
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are very sorry for this bug. We have already fixed this bug and submitted an update to Apple for approval. We have requested an expedited review from Apple, so hopefully it will be approved quickly.

This is a display issue only. Your data has not been corrupted, however you should avoid making changes to tasks on the iPhone, because this could cause some of the incorrect characters to sync to the website.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
drakontia

you know...

Same problem in Japanese.

However, I appreciate translation to Japanese.
PeterW 

Posted by Toodledo:
✔ New application icon.

I like the new icon. Any plans to retrofit it to the website?
thedougbrownfamily

I am wondering if anything can be done about the speed of navigation. When I touch "all tasks" it takes at least 6 seconds to open. I have 379 overdue tasks, is that the reason?
thedougbrownfamily

I should have mentioned i am using a 3gs
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are working on speed optimizations.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you would like to downgrade to the previous version, here are two ways that might work.

1) If you downloaded the update on your iOS device, but have not yet synced with iTunes, then the old version is still in iTunes. Delete the app from your device and sync with iTunes to get the old version back onto your phone.

2) If you downloaded the update to iTunes and your device, check your trash or recycle bin for a file called "Toodledo.ipa". Drag this out of the trash and into iTunes to replace the new version with the old one. Then go to step 1 above.
lucac81

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Finally Device Alarms :)
Now that's being productive, I mean what's the purpose of alarms if they don't appear :-D
I gave up toodledo for this problem (I've got an unreliable data network here most of the time) but now I'll start to use it again! thank you :)
Now if you are able to do tasks sync with iCal I'll surely renew my subscription
lucac81

Just a quick question about syncing
Actually I need to open toodledo in order to sync with website.
Maybe it's possible to push syncs via a push notification?
Or at least can you add the option to send a push notification when a modification it's made to my todo list? (it doesn't need to be reliable like a remainder so it's still useful)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.