ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1.1 Released

iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
J

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Having a problem with repeating tasks set to every day from completion date. At least some are scheduling 2 days out instead of one.
KatBoy

Posted: Dec 03, 2010
Also having trouble with characters, ie ½ and "
(I'm using English character set)
strativourakis

Score: 1 Reference
I too had BIG problems with the new app.

1) Performance was AWFUL. I have the iPhone 4 and iPad 3G, and ToodleDo took forever to load and froze/hung up constantly and consistently.

2) The local reminders SUCKS. I agreed to use them when prompted, as it was the recommended option, and I get reminders for events that are 1, 2+ days in the future...even AFTER downgrading back to 2.1.0. AND disabling notifications.

It insists on popping up inaccurate reminders of tasks that I have already moved to a different date & time, on both my iPad and iPhone.

How can I disable the local reminders and switch back to the way it was before? I do not see any options on ToodleDo.com nor in the app.

No offense guys, but this is one *really* screwed up update. As most of us rely heavily on ToodleDo to manage our lives and work, can you test these things out more intensely before releasing them?
Purveyor

You say you've downgraded to Version 2.1, which means that you no longer have local reminders.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are sorry for the problems with this update. We had thought that we had tested it, but we obviously missed some things. We will try harder in the future.

Downgrading will not remove the local reminders, but deleting the app and then re-installing it should.
SRhyse

I now get two alerts per specified instance on a task since the update. One as an event in iCal on my iPhone, and one in the normal Push oriented Toodledo way that shows up 5 minutes before or after the reminder time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 04, 2010
If you are syncing to iCal on the Phone, then you will get Toodledo's reminder and iCals reminder. You can just turn one of them off.
SRhyse

Posted: Dec 04, 2010
I turned off the website push one found in http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php. With that off, will the application badge on the iPhone app still update periodically? And will setting something to remind me from within the webapp cause the reminder to come from iCal on my iPhone, so long as the iPhone is synced after the reminder is made?
Erik Westra

Posted: Dec 05, 2010
I found another problem with the latest release: cloning a task no longer updates the creation date! This completely screws up my whole usage of Toodledo, and makes the app unusable for me...I have my lists sorted by creation date, and constantly clone tasks to re-enter them and shift them to the bottom of the list.

I'm using Mark Forster's way of working a To-Do list, which includes making "little and often" progress on large tasks. The way I do this is clone the task before checking off the old one.

In the previous version of Toodledo, this was easy. Now, it's impossible.

Grrr...I wish you guys could have mentioned this change in the release notes, as Toodledo is now completely broken for me. I'd never have upgraded if I'd known you'd made this change to the app.

Any chance of changing this behaviour back again? Or making it a preference setting? I'm now completely unable to use Toodledo short of manually retyping every task whenever I make any progress on it. Urgh.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 05, 2010
@SRhyse With that setting off, the badge will no longer update from the website. iCal should give you the reminder if it has synced.

@Erik We will fix this bug
kenbeyond

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
When would the update for non english characters finally reach the app store?

This message was edited Dec 06, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 06, 2010
It is being reviewed by Apple right now. We submitted the bug fix to them 5 days ago, so we hope it will be soon. We have no control over how long Apple takes to review updates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.