ForumsNewsAdded additional server to improve performance

Added additional server to improve performance
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Some of you may have noticed our website being a little sluggish this past month. This is because of our popularity :)

We have just finished (this morning) adding another web server to our cluster which should help spread out the load and improve performance. Things should be about 25% faster now (if you are on a slow network, you may not notice much of a performance gain since your bottleneck is your bandwidth).

We have some additional server upgrades planned for next week which should boost this performance gain even more. We plan to spend the rest of the year performing upgrades, optimizing performance and doing some cleanup chores. We'll be ready to start 2011 off with a good start.

We don't normally pre-announce things, but I thought that I would make an exception for the holidays. The first thing that we will be working on in 2011 is improvements to collaboration. Initially, this will be to make using our existing collaboration tools easier and more intuitive. After this, we will be adding notifications for when tasks are edited by a collaborator, among other things. I am not going to provide an ETA, because I don't know how long this will take, but I just wanted everyone to know that sharing/collaboration improvements are on the horizon.
Hugh O'Donnell

Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I noticed the increase in speed, but figured it was because I was keeping my computer clean. :D

Good job!
Purveyor

Posted by Toodledo:
The first thing that we will be working on in 2011 is improvements to collaboration. Initially, this will be to make using our existing collaboration tools easier and more intuitive. After this, we will be adding notifications for when tasks are edited by a collaborator, among other things.
Will you be adding the ability to share tasks ...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can already share tasks. http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Salgud

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks again for the great work and for keeping us informed.
garyo

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
I don't use the collaboration stuff, so that won't be as useful as, say, quick/easy batch editing would be, but I have noticed the speed increase -- thanks for that! And thanks for such a great product. TD is the center of my daily workflow.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.