ForumsNewsiPhone App Updated to 1.3

iPhone App Updated to 1.3
martin

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'd really love to go from appigo's todo to toodledo, but there are a few things concerning usability where appigo is currently ahead:

*editing tasks: In todo you don't have to click on "edit", you just hit what you would like to edit (e.g. the due date) and you can edit it. No extra edit screen.

*The sorting by date (overdue, due today, tomorrow) is more elegant und easier to overview in todo. the tasks that are due on a specific day can be seen much easier und much more quickly in todo.

*Due-date selection: The due date selection when editing a task or creating a new one is easier & quicker in todo.

Thanks for your great application and the amazing support - I've never experience such a fast rate at the implementation of user suggestions.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008.
gkumar

Posted: Dec 07, 2008
I strongly agree with the previous post's edit functionality. Clicking on an individual entry should be enough to edit rather than to click on edit and cause a new, sluggish screen to come up.
RC-DC

Posted: Dec 08, 2008
I'd second the second above. Todo just made available a free 'lite' version of their app (limited to 7 tasks total, so you can try it out) and the one-click editing is quite smooth.

Also, and this is minor, their graphics are a little tighter. The checkbox takes up less real estate on the screen and that's nice.

While I'm asking, in the Filter options, it would be cool to be able to filter out specific contexts or even folders. Might add a little more clarity to the day if I can take away a context I'm not worried about at the moment. Given I think this is an on/off choice I'm not sure how that would work.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
Kevin

Posted: Jan 12, 2009
Posted by tsinvest:
Hi Gentlemen and Ladies,

The upgrade is great! Many of the above post covered things I won't repeat. One missing feature, however, that I feel is important is to have a drop down selection for a list of "user created" tags. The way the program is now there is no uniformity to tags. One has to remember what tags they used in the past to be consistent - a user drop down list would solve this problem. Hope you could implement this feature.

Thank you and keep up the great programming!

I second tsinvest's suggestion for a drop-down list for tags. This is something I've become very used to in testing Things on the Mac. I tend to focus on just 10 tags anyway, and having to type them every time in Toodledo is a pain (especially on the iPhone).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.