ForumsQuestionsUsing professional and personal tasks

Using professional and personal tasks
Kurt

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I track both professional tasks and personal tasks in Toodledo.

I want to be able to hide the personal tasks during the day (or whenever I'm working) and show them whenever I'm not working.

Suggestions about how to do this?

I know I can limit my tasks by context, but that won't work for me, as I have both personal and professional contexts already set up.

I know I can filter by -1 priority, but my personal and professional tasks have their own priorities.

Any change I can use tags to filter my tasks? For example, if I have a "Personal" tag and a "Professional" tag? Or is there another way?

Thanks!
Kurt
bernd.salewski

what about using Folders and unsing Folder View. Your Work Folder Names can start with Prof-Foldername and the personal tasks in Priv-Foldername.

Just an idea.

Another idea: Just setup a 2nd account.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, I would also recommend using folders or a second account.
bernd.salewski

Posted: Apr 08, 2008
Posted by Kurt:

Any change I can use tags to filter my tasks? For example, if I have a "Personal" tag and a "Professional" tag? Or is there another way?

this is possible when you "view by tag".
toddstanfield

I use "Home" and "Office" contexts and turn on "Office" context only filter when at work.
toddstanfield

I also use Folders for projects, Goals for task that are not related to specific short-term projects, and do not use the tags.
MikeKDidIt

Posted: May 25, 2008
Kurt,
I solved this by having two contexts, @Home and @Work. I live in the Priority tab, and when I'm home, I set the filter (the link is at the top right) to @Home, and at work, I set the
filter to @Work. Works extremely well for me.
Mike
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.