ForumsQuestionsRandom, Repeated Requests to Log In

Random, Repeated Requests to Log In
mlb32704

Posted: Mar 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
On any type of "catastrophic" PC failure, and periodically when I just reboot, I am being asked to provide my login and password to ToodleDo again on various computers, even though I have chosen to "remember me" on all computers. Why does this happen, and what can I do to prevent this from occuring in the future?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2011
The "remember me" checkbox will keep you signed in for 2 weeks, if it can. There are a variety of factors that could cause you to have to sign in again, such as switching computers, clearing your browser's cache, and certainly catastrophic PC failure would do it to.
piyush_soni

Posted: Mar 10, 2011
Can we increase the 2 weeks time? Something like 3 months? :) It really does ask for login too many times these days. May be on every browser restart?(I don't clear my cache/cookies on every browser restart)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2011
There must be something wrong with your browser, because the cookie is renewed each time you load a page on our website, which means that it is always 2 weeks away from expiration. It takes 2 weeks of not visiting the site for the cookie to expire and sign you out. If you are getting signed out quicker, then you aren't clicking the "remember me" checkbox, or your browser is configured to delete cookies quicker.
mlb32704

Posted: Mar 11, 2011
A belated thank you for the quick response - side note -- on top of ToodleDo continuing to be the very BEST out of all my apps, both on the device and computer, the support has been fantastic throughout as well. I ask a question, I usually get a helpful answer, usually next day. That's just incredible. My biggest issue right now is, what would happen is something happened to ToodleDo? :) I don't have a good answer for that one. Again, thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.