ForumsQuestionsfolder-specific "private" export widget?

folder-specific "private" export widget?
tcbeatie

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've been a loyal user of ToodleDo for my personal and household tasks for over a year now. I can't imagine life without it.

I just started a job, and have been using a grossly underwhelming todo list under our Confluence wiki to manage work tasks. I'd like to use ToodleDo, but those tasks need to be shared with my colleagues. One of whom uses ToodleDo for just work, and put the Google Widget into his wiki page. Of course, when I go to his page, I see my list, not his.

What I'd like to do is to have some sort of widget, be it Google or otherwise, where I can display my ToodleDo 'Work' tasks for anyone at work to see. I know that I can share that folder (as near as I can tell, by making everything else private and enabling public sharing), but I see two problems with this scenario;

1) My work todo is then fully public. While there's some "security through obfuscation" by the use of random characters in the URL, it would be great to have it remain private so that potentially confidential work operations remain so.

2) Access to the shared folder is then a 'pull' mechanism, whereas I would like the 'push' of a widget to a wiki page that can be displayed

Are there any ways to display a folder, preferably with some sorting by priority or importance, as a gadget on a web page?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
tcbeatie

Thanks for responding. Can you suggest any work-arounds? If I were to forego the first concern, is there a way to display a publicly-shared folder as a read-only importance/priority sorted list on a webpage as a widget?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 15, 2011
Sorry, we dont currently have that functionality. You'd have to make it using our API.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.