ForumsQuestionsGmail has its own task manager

Gmail has its own task manager
kenbeyond

Posted: Dec 08, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I wish the toodledo gmail gadget to be available sooner since it's still more full featured.
Jon_R

I was just coming to post on the same thing. Although since I am a Google Apps users I need it available in labs in order to incorporate it into my email.

Understanding Google just released their Task list 6 hours or so ago - any idea if it would be possible to sync toodledo with this new task list? Does the Google API provide access to it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is the first we've heard of a Google task list. We'll have to look into it.

Thanks
Qrystal

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
There is another Labs option called "Add Any Gadget by URL", and the iGoogle gadget link works:

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google.php

It doesn't really look very nice though, because the slim version has such a large font that it doesn't fit in the Gmail sidebar very well. If the font size was able to be adjusted though... this could be promising. Interaction the way the Gmail task list works would also be awesome, though the Firefox add-on fills in that gap nicely.
vegheadjones

Score: 2 Reference
For me Toodledo is so full featured I can't imagine ever swicching to the Google task list even after they incorporate folders, priorities etc.

However there are some things google's list does that I would love to have:

1) Quick add of a task. Still too many steps on Toodledo, particularly on the ipod touch/iphone.

2) Keeping attachments with the task/e-mail. Because Google refers directly to the e-mail, it keeps any attachments linked to it. Toodledo allows for file storage and linking, but it would be so much easier if it just preserved the attachment of any forwarded e-mail. That would make file management in toodledo so easy...
Jon_R

Posted by Qrystal:
There is another Labs option called "Add Any Gadget by URL", and the iGoogle gadget link works:

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google.php

It doesn't really look very nice though, because the slim version has such a large font that it doesn't fit in the Gmail sidebar very well. If the font size was able to be adjusted though... this could be promising. Interaction the way the Gmail task list works would also be awesome, though the Firefox add-on fills in that gap nicely.

This would be great - if we were able to resize the gadget. Of if another gadget could be added in the correct size for the left column of the gmail interface.
hiway12

Posted: Dec 20, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
gadget works fine but as pointed out, the font, etc. needs to be resizable. love having it on my Gmail page which is ALWAYS an open tab in my browser.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.