ForumsQuestionsProblems w/Email or Dial2Do

Problems w/Email or Dial2Do
cj

Posted: Apr 18, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use toodledo via dial2do (voice transcription) about 50% of the time. The interface between the two services uses toodledo's e-mail interface, and usually works "OK" ... recently I've been trying to get it to work more than okay, by getting toodledo to recognize due dates and contexts.

So, for instance I would record a message that says "take out the garbage #today @personal"

If I merely say"take out the garbage today" toodledo interprets it as "take out the garbage" with a due date of "today" - which is fine, but I'd rather be more specific.

But every time I try to insert "@personal and/or #today" - dial2do transcribes it correctly, but when it tries to pass this on to toodledo I get the error message from dial2do as:

"Failed Toodledo Login
Please check the Toodledo username/password you registered with Dial2Do as we were unable to send the following message: Take out the garbage @personal #today"

But if I send other messages (immediately or later)without the special characters they show up OK ....

So the conclusion right now is that the email interface is rejecting the special characters ... I cannot control the interface between toodledo and dial2do (and I have already emailed them) but I was hoping someone here could provide insights or a solution

Thanks!

CJ
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Please contact Dial2Do technical support regarding this issue. It seems to be a problem with their service.
John De Souza

Posted: Jun 11, 2011
I am experiencing the same problem. Just emailed [email protected]. Will post the results here.
cj

Posted: Jun 15, 2011
I look forward to hearing what they will say. So far, their responses to me have been to imply the problem is with toodledo. Solving this will remove a major pain ... Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 15, 2011
Dial2Do has used our free API to build their integration with Toodledo. They do not use the email interface as far as I know. Since they use the API, authentication is required, and it appears that they have a bug that causes authentication to break when there are special characters. They will need to fix this since we have no control over how their software works.
rkaskel

Posted: Oct 20, 2011
I am having the same problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.