ForumsQuestionsSelecting tags

Selecting tags
sviolaire

Posted: Dec 15, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to go to the list of tags and select the one you want from it rather than typing them in each time you are in a tag field. It seems to be extra work to type a new tag in and also doing this would tend to accumulate duplicate tags, or at least tags that might be similar where a single tag would be adequate.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In the future, we hope to have an auto-complete thing for entering tags.
ejbruner

Would also suggest auto-fill/auto-complete on tags as key feature - I end up with similar, redundant tags because I have no memory left as to what I used just yesterday...

Great app in iphone and Web...
Claudio

FWIW, the Appigo Todo app does offer a list of Tags when creating or editing a task.
KatBoy

Posted: Dec 17, 2008
Hi ToodleDo team

Sorry you must get a lot of this - conflicting requests about features.

I like that the tag feature is manually input because then more than one choice is possible, and use it to itemise people I need to speak to - sometimes several on the same task. This isn't possible with the other fields.

But you do have to remember to be consistent...
davek

Posted: Dec 17, 2008
I like the idea of an autofill, but overwriteable as ejbruner suggests. Gives you the structure of a formatted list, but the option to create new tage 'on the fly'.

Geat program/Touch app. A key part in my transition from Palm to ipod touch. Thanks
sheanon

Posted: Apr 29, 2009
yes please add autofill or ability to choose from existing tags.

I would also like to incorporate shortcuts for dates. In www.todoist.com you can type "tod" or "sun" and it understands it as "today" or "this sunday"
Vin Thomas

Posted: Apr 30, 2009
You can use shortcuts for the date. I use tod and tom all the time.
GS

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Yes, please add autofill or ability to choose from existing tags.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.