ForumsQuestionsSearch Not Performing as Expected

Search Not Performing as Expected
dannyw0011

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am trying to set search parameters for a named search to only show tasks within a certain folder labeled "My Tasks" which are not complete and that are either starred or have start or due dates on today or before. I have set the following criteria, but I am still getting tasks to appear which are not starred, but have start or due dates in the future.

My criteria are:

Folder, is, My Tasks
and
Checked Off, no
and
Starred, yes
or
Start Date, is before, (tomorrow's date)
or
Due Date, is before, (tomorrow's date)

Any suggestions?
Salgud

I use a very similar search. You will see tasks with a Due Date in the future if the start date is before tomorrow. Is that what the problem is?
dannyw0011

Posted by Salgud:
I use a very similar search. You will see tasks with a Due Date in the future if the start date is before tomorrow. Is that what the problem is?

Thanks for the reply, and I understand what you're saying. However, with the above search criteria, I am seeing single tasks (not part of a hierarchal task) showing with the following settings:

No star, no start date, and a future due date

I am also having sub-tasks showing when both the sub-task and the parent have the following settings:

No star, no start date, and no future date
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It depends on how the search criteria are grouped. I think you may be getting some of the Ands and Ors mixed up. If you can take a screenshot of the search you have, that would help.
dannyw0011

Posted by Toodledo:
It depends on how the search criteria are grouped. I think you may be getting some of the Ands and Ors mixed up. If you can take a screenshot of the search you have, that would help.

Sorry to have to ask, but how do you attach an image to a posting?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can use the img HTML tag if you can host the image somewhere else, or you can upload it directly to a support ticket and we can take a look.
dannyw0011

Here is a screenshot. The red circles show the tasks which don't match the search criteria.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/dannyw001/Toodledo/dannyw0011screenshot.jpg

I am also using Ultimate To-Do List on my Droidx and using practically the same filters, it shows correctly. The only difference on UTDL is that I'm not filtering out the completed tasks and the start and due dates are set to be on or before today instead of before tomorrow.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2011
I see now. The thing is that "due-date is before XXX" will include tasks without a due-date. This is because a task without a due-date is stored in our database as 0, which is mathematically before any other date. This is probable incorrect, and we should adjust the behavior of this rule. For now, I would use this instead

Star is Yes
OR
Duedate is in the next 1 day
OR
Duedate was in the last 1000 days
or
startdate is in the next 1 day
or
startdate was in the last 1000 days
Salgud

I'd vote to fix this problem - it's been causing me problems right along.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
We just fixed it on our development server. It will be released in our next batch of updates.
Salgud

What took you so long? :)
dannyw0011

Thanks for such a speedy response. Any idea on when the update will be done? Not rushing you, but wondering when I can change my search criteria back to the original setting.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Maybe this week.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.