ForumsQuestionssync problem

sync problem
begena

Posted: Dec 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have purchased the iphone app and it works fine except on syncronization side.

A task created on outlook is syncronized to toodledo website and then to iphone properly.

However a task created in the website or in the iphone app never appears on the outlook.

What could be the problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2008
Could be the Outlook tool. Please try contacting the developer.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
kristymerola

Posted: Dec 18, 2008
I have purchased the iphone app and I'm just figuring this whole system out. I tried to sync to this toodledo calendar and it worked. My problem is that all of the tasks that I originally enterred onto my iphone are now gone and transferred onto the website version. Is it impossible to keep them BOTH current? Why did they completely disappear? Can someone assist?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
They should be in both places. It's possible that you are looking in the wrong place on the iPhone, or maybe one of your filters is hiding them. For example, if all of your tasks have a due-date more than a week in the future, they may be hidden on the iPhone if you have the "hide future tasks" filter turned on.

Worst case scenario and they are gone on the iPhone, just go into the Synchronization settings and tap on "Modify account" and then "Force Toodledo.com -> iPhone sync". This should push everything back up to the iPhone.

Hope that helps.
kristymerola

Thanks for answering. I actually have a brand new iPod touch (I assumed they were the same wrt this app) and though I can get into "Synchronization", there is no "Modify acct"??

Thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If there is no "Modify account" then you have not setup synchronization, or your settings were erased. This could happen if you delete the app from your iPhone and then reinstall it, or if you restore your iPod touch from within iTunes.

In any case, if you use the "Enter account info" link, you can type in your account info and it will sync everything from the website down to your iPod touch.
sventhebrit

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
Kristy,
Do you have the Toodledo iPhone App or the Appigo Todo iPhone App which also syncs with Toodledo? The reason I ask is that your other post on the same topic mentions an app called Todo.
Steve

Edited to correct a spelling mistake

This message was edited Dec 19, 2008.
kristymerola

Posted: Dec 19, 2008
I have the Todo iphone app and am trying to get this work with this website (toodledo.com).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 20, 2008
Ahh, well in that case ignore everything that I have said. For support with the Todo application, please contact the company that makes it at www.appigo.com
barrettjlewis

Posted: Dec 22, 2008
Hey there. I have an iPhone 3G with Toodledo. It seems to not be syncing anymore. I have completed tasks, deleted them, and made new tasks with my phone but all completed tasks are still on the website and none of the new ones exist. i forced a sync from the phone but nothing happened. Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2008
There could be two reasons why the sync isn't working. But first, you should know that completed tasks are supposed to be saved on both the website and the iPhone. If you don't want to see your completed tasks, you can use the "hide completed tasks" filter on both the iPhone and the website.

Possible solutions:

1) You are signed into a different account on Toodledo.com than is set in your Toodledo iPhone app, so you can't see the changes when you sync. If you go into the sync settings on your iPhone, you can see which account you are syncing to.

2) It's also possible that the sync is working correctly, but that your filters on the website are hiding the tasks that you are adding. Maybe they have a future due-date and you have the "hide future tasks" filter turned on.

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.