ForumsQuestionsWe want an official Android app !!!

We want an official Android app !!!
robdac

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I use dgt gtd on my android phone and I love it!
chipwreck

I can only second the post above:

DGT GTD is IMHO very close to the perfect Android app. The features are great, UI is excellent - and even it's labelled "alpha" I didn't have a single problem until now. And there are frequent updates.
k7ki

Score: 0 Reference
I third the praise for DGT-GTD. It is very good AND actively being developed.
Mark_1348239968

Posted: Dec 26, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
It has been 7 months since the TD team post about a possible android app, is there any news on this?
I now have an android tablet and am shifting 80% of my work over to this device.
Tasks is up in the top 3 apps I use all the time so something tightly integrated with Toodledo or made by you folks would be great.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 26, 2011
The iPhone app took a year to build. We are working on an Android app, but we don't have an ETA.
andy_pfeiffer

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
Ultimate To Do List works extremely well as an unofficial Toodledo app for android.
Stefan777

Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I myself also tried DGT-GTD and Ultimate To Do List and both are really good in functionality in my oppinion, with different approaches to user interfaces.

Now I am using UTDL and I am very satisfied with this combo
fmonteiro

Posted by Stefan777:
I myself also tried DGT-GTD and Ultimate To Do List and both are really good in functionality in my oppinion, with different approaches to user interfaces.

Now I am using UTDL and I am very satisfied with this combo

UTDL is awful and inexpensive ($5). I've both phone and tablet versions anda I work more with UTDL on tablet than the web version.
fmonteiro

Posted by sconstand:
I have been using Appigo's Todo iPhone native app, with Toodledo as the backend for over a year now. The combination is exactly what I need.

I am paying Pro customer btw.

However I now also have an Android device, as well as my iPhone/iPad and I desperately need a cross-platform solution.

I also am dissapointed with Toodledo's response to our demand for a native Android app, which after all isn't that difficult to do these days.

All the suggested Android apps and a joke.

So, my friends, I will probably be leaving Toodledo in the next few months, to another service, probably RTM or Wunderlist or something.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Toodledo is far better than RTM. There's a huge chance to see you back here. =^)
cadelarge

Posted: Jan 05, 2012
I add my request to those already here for a Toodledo Android App. In the meantime, a mobile optimized version of the toodledo web interface would not be bad either.

I had been using DueToday as a TD client but I think it has become buggy duplicating some of my todos by multiples of hundreds.

Thanks for tip of DGT GTD. I will try that.
Purveyor

Posted by cadelarge:
In the meantime, a mobile optimized version of the toodledo web interface would not be bad either.
There's this: http://www.toodledo.com/slim

And even more basic: http://www.toodledo.com/html
ben

For simple task entry "inbox capture" you cannot beat ToodleTask. It's in the market.

-Ben
nathanchittyorlando

I use these which are great interfaces to Toodledo from David Allen's work. You need to install both.

New update 0.1.0 beta
DGT GTD Toodledo [Beta] · Edit review
(282), 10,000-50,000 downloads
22 hours ago ·
Like · Comment · Share

New update 0.0.53 alpha
DGT GTD & ToDo [Alpha] · Add review
(940), 10,000-50,000 downloads
codesmith

Posted: Apr 02, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Each week we get dozens of requests for an official Android app. We hear you all loud and clear, but we can't magically produce one over night. It took us 2+ years of continuous work to get the iOS app where it is today and it will take a significant investment from us to get an Android app out the door. We have a plan that has been put in motion, but in the meantime there are 7 third party Android apps that work with Toodledo and they are getting better with each update.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php

Any word on the status of the Android app? I'd gladly pay for it. I just want something that is first party and supported.

It's all well and good to list third party apps, but since those are all unsupported... I'd rather wait.

Are you guys still working on this app?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2012
Yes, we are. In the meantime, please check out our mobile website which is android compatible and works offline.

http://m.toodledo.com
piyush_soni

Posted: May 30, 2012
I used one of these 3rd party directory and one (or more) of my important tasks were lost. I can't depend on third party apps anymore.

How's the app development going on for Android? This is not something that you should put on a back burner I'd say. :(

Android more than 50% of the world's smart phones! I don't agree to it that if iOS app development took 1 year this should take 1 year too. A lot of code would be reused and you wouldn't have those first timer problems anymore. Since last December, it should have already been released ...
dm55343

Posted: May 31, 2012
I am too waiting for Android App since I switched from iPhone for a larger screen.

The website http://www.toodledo.com/slim is pretty basic and does not work offline.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Use http://m.toodledo.com It works offline and has much more capability.
MikZ

Honestly, I don't see the point of a Toodledo Android app, when UTDL works perfectly well. I'm a TODO power user—I have all the features turned on in UTDL and Toodledo, and use them. I can think of one feature that the Toodledo site does that UTDL doesn't (making a TODO list based on available time and context—and it's pretty rudimentary) but I can also think of a couple of things UTDL does that Toodledo doesn't (e.g. setting nag reminders by time). But for the most part, they're very compatible.

I would much rather see Toodledo developers focus on the Toodledo web site, and not waste its resources reinventing the wheel on Android. If you find UTDL lacking, tell the UTDL people what you miss—they're not the friendliest bunch, but I've found them responsive to bug reports and I've managed to get them to implement a feature I wanted by getting a few friends to gang up with me. (I've been meaning to do that again for widgets to directly access existing views, including notes—anybody want to join me to campaign for that?)

P.S. I hear DGT GTD is very good too.

This message was edited May 31, 2012.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jun 01, 2012
I did try Ultimate To-do list but Firstly, it was ugly, and second, there are high chances that this was the offending app that made me lose my tasks. So I'm not going back to it again. I've already started using a temporary Android app as a totally different task management system : "Any.do" which is simple, quick, tasks are kept only on mobile (no sync etc.) and have reduced coming on Toodledo a lot. Also did not renew my pro membership for the same reason.

Will be fully back to it when an official Android app is released.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.