ForumsQuestionsSync from Google Calendar to Toodledo

Sync from Google Calendar to Toodledo
mamoooth

Posted: May 05, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I have seen quite a few discussions in the forum on sync'ing between Toodledo and Google Calendar. But apparently most people want to see their Toodledo stuff in their Google Calendar.

I would like to have the other way around! I have been using Toodledo a lot more than Google Calendar recently :) It would be nice to see, for example, my upcoming appoinments from Google Calendar on my Toodledo Hot list.

Technically, this could be done, e.g., via iCal subscribtion to the Google calendar or CalDav.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
SIXIT

Posted: May 07, 2011
I agree with mamooth.

What you and others have been calling syncing is NOT syncing - it is _only_ updating Google Calendar, not synchronizing with it. One of the reasons I chose to use and upgrade Toodledo was the sync with Google Calendar, not realizing it wasn't a true synchronization.

Please put Google --> Toodledo updating on the front burner. This would be big step closer to getting Toodledo up to my expectations.

Thank you,
Robert Reese~
SIXIT

Posted: Jun 21, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Well, now Toodledo doesn't put the tasks in my Google Calendar. There's a tiny checkmark widgit thing that opens Toodledo in an itty bitty box, but tasks and appointments are not showing up in Google Calendar.

At this point Toodledo is only doing 10% of my expectations - which means it is almost worthless to me. Toodledo needs to do true back-and-forth syncing with Google Calendar, or my wife and I won't be renewing our accounts.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 22, 2011
Two way syncing with any external Calendar program isn't possible right now. Sorry. We hope to have this in the future.
stephen.williams

Posted: Aug 30, 2011
I'd also like to see two-way synching with Google Calendar, in such a way that a Google Calendar event becomes a Toodledo task (& vice versa). I use Calendar to keep track of specific time-related tasks, and Toodledo for the larger birds-eye veiw. Unfortunately, I have to duplicate entries for both services (which I'd rather not have to do).

I'd love to see synchronization between the two services, in such a way that a Google Calendar event becomes a Toodledo task (& vice versa). I believe Producteev can do this, and I think it would be a great addition to Toodledo. I know that Toodledo's team is working on this feature for the future, but I hope we don't have to wait too long.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2011.
ex_rulez

Posted: Sep 01, 2011
Yeah this feature would rock.
To see the WHOLE picture i am currently viewing my Calendar on my iphone in "Pocket Informant" because it shows your tasks from Toodledo and Google Calendar.

It would damn awesome to be able to view Google calendar items ON toodledo.

Great job guys , lets hope this happens sometime soon
joseph.daniel

Posted: Dec 22, 2011
I would also like very much to see this sync with Google calendar.
lvhardie

Posted: Jan 04, 2012
I also would like this feature.
brian.gerber

Posted: Jan 15, 2012
I'm evaluating Toodledo for team use in Google Apps. Need to know if Google Cal full sync will be functional soon (like Gqueues, Producteev, Do, etc.). Hope so. Tried Toodledo years ago. Would really like to see it become a useful collaborative business product.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 16, 2012
It is a work in progress, but I don't have an ETA.
jgarringer3409

Posted: Mar 21, 2012
Saw January post. Any update?
parishmin

Posted: Sep 13, 2012
New to ToodleDo and dying to know if this is going to be developed. I like TD a lot, but this will be a deal breaker for me impress it turns out that NO decent task management program can get Google Calendar items popping up on the calendar. It's just weird to me. When I'm planning and prioritizing tasks, I need to consult my calendar. I know it's technically possible because even the awful Franklin Covey software synced with Google. (One-way is okay with me: Google-->TD.)

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012.
JulieRichardson

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Does anyone know how to make a Task show-up on google Calendar ONLY ON THE DUE DATE?

I use iCalc and if a task has a due date of next week, the task will appear on my Google Calendar EVERY DAY from the date of task creation until the due date.

Is there a way to only have the task appear on the Due Date on Google Calendar?

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 15, 2013
If you give it a start date = due date, then it will appear on only that date.
sanjaic

Posted: Mar 10, 2013
I agree that the ability to see my google calendar on toodledo would be awesome. This way when I am scheduling tasks I can have a quick visual and know not to schedule too many tasks on the days that I have too many appointments.

I love the new UI .
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.