ForumsQuestionsiPhone App Advice

iPhone App Advice
PT_Ken

Posted: Dec 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to decide between Toodledo and Appigo's ToDo for my iPhone. Can someone who has tried both tell what you liked/disliked about each? Which one did you end up choosing?

One of my main complaints right now about ToDo is that it does not seem to mark the completion date and time, only that a task is complete or not complete.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Ken
KatBoy

Hi Ken

I've used both and would would personally recommend Toodledo.

The problem I had with ToDo (it's been a while and they may have updated) is that the fields/field names were different, so I ended up only used the few that were the same - hence I didn't get full functionality.

Since switching to the ToodleDo iPhone app my productivity has gone right up, and most importantly - I understand my workload and feel in control.
Claudio

Toodledo and Todo will mark the completion date.

If you need Subtasks and the ability to view by Due Date (today, tomorrow, next 7 days, etc.), then go with Toodledo.

Otherwise, if you use Contexts and Tags, go with Todo. The implementation is much better. Also, I prefer the interface.

I use both: Toodledo for my more complex business projects, and Todo for everything else.

BoyOhBoy: The only naming convention that's different in Todo is the use of "Lists" instead of "Folders".
vegheadjones

Does Todo still not have Status? That was the dealbreaker for me in deciding on the Toodledo ipod app.
PT_Ken

As far as I know ToDo does not have Status, but you can essentially do this using the tags. Since ToDo can filter which tasks are listed, even for the All Tasks view, you can filter out only the status items that you are interested in seeing. It's a workaround, but not a deal breaker for me.

I've just come across OmniFocus. Anyone tried that? It's $20 and I'm not sure it looks any better than ToDo or Toodledo. Opinions?

Ken
Claudio

Yeah, I forgot about Status.
And Goals, and Star, and Length.
These are available in Toodledo but not in Todo.

Also, Toodledo allows you to filter by Priority, but Todo does not.
vegheadjones

Thanks PT_Ken. I already use tags for something else, so I'd rather not use it for statuses. Toodledo it is!
PT_Ken

Posted by Claudio:

Actually, ToDo does allow you to sort by priority. The three sort choices are Due Date/Priority, Priority/Due Date, and Alphabetical.

I've been thinking about it and have decided that ToDo suits me best. I can live without Status, Goals, Star, and Length. I like the interface of ToDo much better, especially the way tags are handled. I also like the filtered views that Toodledo doesn't seem to have. Now that I know that when my completed items are purged after 6 months from the web site that they will remain persistent on my iPhone App, it seems that ToDo is my best choice, even though it's more expensive.

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! Happy New Year!!!

Ken
PT_Ken

Posted: Dec 24, 2008
Posted by PT_Ken:
Posted by Claudio:

Actually, ToDo does allow you to sort by priority. The three sort choices are Due Date/Priority, Priority/Due Date, and Alphabetical.

I've been thinking about it and have decided that ToDo suits me best. I can live without Status, Goals, Star, and Length. I like the interface of ToDo much better, especially the way tags are handled. I also like the filtered views that Toodledo doesn't seem to have. Now that I know that when my completed items are purged after 6 months from the web site that they will remain persistent on my iPhone App, it seems that ToDo is my best choice, even though it's more expensive.

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! Happy New Year!!!

Ken

Well, my mistake. ToDo "will" delete completed tasks after the web site purges them. According to Toodledo, the Toodledo application will not purge the tasks on my iPhone, so I went with Toodledo in the end.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.