ForumsQuestionsLocations Filter

Locations Filter
Mike

Posted: May 09, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I have recently changed my Toodledoo setup and would like to know if a feature could be added for what I perceive as a hole in the toodledo functionality.

Originally I used context to designate locations (IE @Work, @Home, etc.) However, I recently switched my contexts to locations. I think this works better for me because I know can contexts for other things.

However, the one loss of functionality that I see by using locations is that I cannot filter by location anymore like I did with contexts.

For example:
If I view by location, I cannot filter down to just one location. I unfortunately see the tasks for all locations. Same thing goes for the MAIN tab and the HOTLIST tab.

I have found "workarounds" to give me what I want but ultimately I would like to request that you Locations as one of the filter choices.

I will also be making this request via a Support Ticket as well.

This message was edited May 09, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
We do not currently have a location filter, but this is on our to-do list.
LockeNYC

Posted: May 13, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
The ideal would be to have multiple filters that can be associated with a location. When I'm at the office, I want to see @work, @computer, @phone. At my apt I want to see @home, @wife, @computer, @phone.

In Outlook I can switch between two saved filters called Office and Apt. I wish I could do that in ToodleDo.

I'd also love to be able to automatically switch between saved filters based on a schedule. Eg one for M-F 7a-7p, and one for nights and weekends. I loved that about DateBk3 on my Treo. It allowed my todo list to always reflect my personal list when reviewing on my way home and reflect my work list on my way to the office or during work hours when working at home.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.