ForumsQuestionsTimer in mobile app

Timer in mobile app
rudi_1305273525

Posted: May 14, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
When will the app for iPhone / iPad have the timer function. I really miss it there!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
This is on our to-do list for a future update.
lovizta

Posted: Jul 12, 2011
yes they have lots of application for timer now!!
cmvalma

Posted: Sep 22, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Yes, please, it's been required since long ago cause it is not useful at all to use the timer just when we're in front of our PC... We time what we do or we don't... Mobile functionality would allow timing all we need to.

Cheers to todledoo and hopefully you decide to put a priority 3, a star to this and a close Due Date to this... .
InesOD

Posted: Nov 09, 2011
The timer for ipone/ipad has indeed been requested since at least 2008 and has been promised since then. In some other post Toodledo says it's planned but is allegedly an unpopular feature and that's why it's not on the top of the list.

It can't be that unpopular though if so many people are asking for it! See all the other posts related to this question in other parts of the forum

I urgently need that feature too. Fully agree with cmvalma.rg
dandj

Posted: Dec 11, 2011
I agree with the last two posts that:
* the timer field in the web app isn't much use
if it isn't also supported in the mobile app, and
* it's pretty weak to keep saying "it's on our to-do
list for a future update"for multiple years.

I'm sure the iPad has had you busy, but this is something you've been promising on this forum for a long time now, though always in a very vague and non-specific way. In another year (or two years) will there be another new thread on the same topic?

All that said, the iPhone/iPod app has gradually improved, however slowly. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2011
The timer is used by less than 1% of our users, so enhancing it hasn't been a priority, but it is coming up on our to-do list as we check off some higher-priority items.
joseph.daniel

Posted: Dec 22, 2011
Hi, I also would like to request the timer in the app. I really like Toodledo but from my perspective your timer function is not done well at all and that is the reason people are not using it. I have used other sites for time tracking like myhousrs.com toggle.com and officetime. It would be very nice if you could implement for the Iphone app a similar interface with OfficeTime. It will be also very nice to have nice reports. Thank you
dandj

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
While I (somewhat) appreciate Toodledo's response, I'd like to reemphasize:

(1) There's still no commitment: for instance, can we expect to see it in the next year? Maybe I should forget Toodledo.

(2) The catch-22 nature of this response:

__* "mobile-app Timer support is taking so long because people don't use it," while

__* almost no one will find Timer useful/useable until their mobile app supports it.

As to interface changes and reports, that would be great, I'm sure, but for me the thing that breaks Timer is lack of iPhone support.

Happy New Year

This message was edited Dec 27, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.