Announcement

Forums > Questions

Filter out a folder

AuthorMessage
bard.standal

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Score: 0

All,

I put all my groceries in one specific folder called "Groceries". When I walk through the store I have the "Groceries" folder open and check off the different items as I walk through the store. I find this quite convenient. I have then shared this folder with my wife who can put items in the "Groceries" folder.

My issue is with the "Focus list". What I was able to do when I used RTM (which I switched away from since they could not sync with Outlook) was to filter out a folder from the focus list so that the contents of that specific folder only came in to view when I went into the "Groceries" folder. This does not seem to be possible here? If so that clutters my focus-list because it has 10-15 items like "cucumbers" and "potatoes" floating around there. Am I missing something?

Bård
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Dec 27, 2008
Score: 0

No, you aren't missing something. You are trying to use Toodledo as both a task manager and a checklist, which we were not designed to do. Toodledo is primarily a task manager, so we assume that each item is a task. My suggestion is to put all your grocery items into the note of a task "Buy Groceries", or make them subtasks of a parent task called "Buy Groceries". You could also give them a -1 Priority which would make them hidden from your list until you wanted to reveal them.

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014