ForumsQuestionsaccount expiry?!?!? NOOOO!

account expiry?!?!? NOOOO!
woody

Posted: Jun 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I was told my account would expire as it has not been used for a long period, but I use the system daily - though never the web front end.

How can I inform the developers that they need to update the method of regstering account activity to include all the interfaces! like iphone and outlook!

Woody
piyush_soni

Yes, I would classify this as a bug and not a feature :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You must sign into the website at least once a year to maintain an online account.
Aamy

Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Hi, I have a pro account and its not suppose to expire for another year. Now its showing that its expired. And most important of all, it has flattened my Tasks/Subtasks into one level. Please kindly restore this and advice me about my account. I'm using the website everyday.. Shocked. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Aamy, the last purchase you made was in April of 2010, which is more than 1 year ago, so it has expired. If you made a purchase more recent than this, please create a support ticket and provide the receipt number so that we can look it up and see what happened. In any case, if you resubscribe your subtasks will be restored.

Thanks

This message was edited Jun 07, 2011.
Aamy

My apologies, I upgraded to Pro Plus from Pro account, poor memory, I thought I actually subscribed for another extra year which was wrong. I'm extending my subscription. Thanks for the clarification. Cheers!
Nit

Posted: Sep 15, 2011
I use Toodledoo via Pocket Informant every day, it is absolutely indespensable for me. I never use the web version as PI does it all. I was totally unaware that my account could expire without web usage and now all my data has been lost. Toodledo should send a notification by e-mail or to Pocket Informant to avoid this infuriating situation. Is there any way I can get my data back? I couldn't even access the help files or forums without setting up a new account, this is an appalling and blinkered way of managing other peoples valuable data. Please help.
Purveyor

Sorry, I provided wrong information.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This will explain our account deletion policy: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=130
Nit

Posted: Sep 16, 2011
how can the account be "not giving any benefit" if I use it every day????? Incidentally, I have had a toodledoo account since 09 september 2009, this is 2 years, your policy suggests it should have been deleted 6-12 months ago. But the bottom line is this - am I able to get my data back?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Well, you use Pocket Informant every day, but you never used Toodledo. Our policy does say 1 year of inactivity, but we currently don't do anything until 18 months, so we give extra time.

The data on Toodledo is gone, but you can create a new account and sync Pocket Informant with it and it will repopulate it with all of your data from Pocket Informant.
Nit

Sadly not. PI Help attempted to solve my (at the time unknown) problem, and suggested deleting my details & re-syncing. this resulted in wiping data from my phone. Now maybe you understand why I am so unhappy about this situation.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I understand why you are unhappy and I wish there was something that I can do, but the data no longer exists.

Unfortunately, PI should not have told you to delete your data from the phone because this was the only copy of that data. I am surprised that they did not recommend making a backup first. Unfortunately, we cannot take liability for mistakes made by other companies.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.