ForumsQuestionsAll tasks suddenly disappeared - except todays

All tasks suddenly disappeared - except todays
Dr George Brown

Posted: Dec 31, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I recently logged into my web based To Do list and have found all my tasks gone (I have over 1,000) except about 9 which I added today.

My iPhone has synced and only has the 9 as per my web To Do list.

Outlook (thankfully) still has my 1000 plus task, which I sync ever hour with Toodledo. I have all of these backed up via Plaxo as well (just to be safe).

Can anyone tell my why this has happened? The painful thing is I think I am going to have to do a re-import and then allocate all the tasks to folders again (grrr!!!)

Cheers,

George
Dr George Brown

PS - I also just noticed that the sync app in my bottom toolbar disappears as well when I try to do a manual sync. Sounds like a massive system meltdown!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are only a few reasons why all of your tasks would be deleted.

1) You have two accounts with Toodledo and have signed into the wrong one.
2) You selected the "delete all tasks" command from your account settings.
3) Your tasks are set to be "optional" and the due-date passed.
4) The tasks aren't really deleted, but hidden because of one of your filters.
5) It could be a bug with the Outlook Sync tool. Since we didn't make that tool, I don't know how it works or what might cause it to delete your tasks. But it's possible.

I'm not really sure what happened, but it sounds like you have a backup, so it should be easy to get them back into Toodledo. You might want to check on the Outlook Sync tool, since that seems to be misbehaving in other ways as well.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008.
Dr George Brown

Thanks mate. Going through your list of possibilities, I reckon it is #5. I have been through the rest and eliminated them all. As a fix, I forced a full sync (option under the manual sync) and this did re import all tasks, however (as predicted) I lost all the nesting of sub tasks. A real bugger, but at least I did not lose all my data.

Cheers, many thanks, and all the best for the festive season.

George
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.