ForumsQuestionsHow to create Repeating Projects with Sub tasks?

How to create Repeating Projects with Sub tasks?
Mike

Posted: Jun 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Does anyone know how to make repeating projects?

The piece I am struggling with is the subtasks. I am an IT admin and I have "scheduled projects" that repeat such as deploying patches to desktops & servers monthly.

I would like to make a repeating project that contains a handful of repeating tasks (preferably with start and due dates). For example:
1 - Pick patches for deployment
2 - test patches
3 - deploy to live environment

There are other steps but you get the idea. I can get the parent task to repeat but when it repeats the sub tasks don't seem to get created with the parent tasks.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

This message was edited Jun 10, 2011.
JCarl

Are you using the repeat column or duplicating the task and subtasks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
mecoper

I have a template that has 5 tasks and about 50 sub tasks. I hide the subtasks, clone the 5 tasks and it creates duplicates. My problem then is I want to change the folder without destroying the template. The only way I have been able to do this is use the Advance Search looking for added today because the other options of -1, starr etc that I put on the new cloned task don't pull the subtasks in the do a multi-edit to a new folder. Is there something I am missing?
JCarl

Ok, I think I solved the mecoper post which is also mine. If you follow the documentation of negative priority or something not used in the rest of the To Do list and use an Advanced Search for that field AND add an additional AND of Has Subtask-Yes, it will bring in both the task and the subtasks. I did not find this to be the case unless the second rule of bringing in the "has subtask" was added. I may be wrong on this necessity. I can then multi edit anything I want including folders. Toodledo would have to confirm, if so might be good addition to documentation on templates
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can use the "permanent link" option to go straight to the parent task in the search section and then reveal the subtasks and use multi-edit to change the folder.
JCarl

Where is Permanent link option
Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2011
Click on the action menu (its an icon of a lego brick near the checkbox).
a. acevedo

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Wow! Just learned how to use the multi-edit. It's pretty awesome. Thanks! Genius!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.