ForumsQuestionsautomatically schedule task to today

automatically schedule task to today
colossusfr

Posted: Jun 20, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to automatically schedule a task on today until this task is done.

For example, I have a task scheduled for today. At the end of the day, this task is not done. The following day, I would like that this task is automatically scheduled to the following day.

Is it possible ?

Thanks. Alain.
franimals

Yes! That was one of the functions I wanted when I signed up a couple days ago. One way to do that is to set the due date to "optionally due by" today. Then set the repeat to daily. That will put a question mark in front of 'today' on your list.

Then...
1. If you don't do the task it will just go away and appear again tomorrow - it won't appear as overdue.
2. If you do the task it will show as complete and appear again tomorrow. This is good for tasks like exercising that you hope to get to every day.
3. If you want the task to go away after it's completed, then before you check it complete, you should change the due date to "due on" and remove the repeat daily instructions.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2011.
Salgud

Posted by franimals:
1. If you don't do the task it will just go away and appear again tomorrow - it won't appear as overdue.

When does it "go away"? When does it reappear?
franimals

To be more clear - it doesn't actually go away and reappear - it just camps out on your task list with '?today' as it's due date. If you have it set to repeat daily, and you check it as done, it will switch to '?tomorrow' once you refresh the screen. This way you don't have to keep re-entering the task each day and you don't have to see it as an overdue task.
colossusfr

Posted: Jun 22, 2011
Thanks a lot.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.