ForumsQuestionsGoogle iCal feed not working

Google iCal feed not working
Sylanel

Posted: Jan 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello everyone! I would like to know if there i anything wrong on the Toodledo side with regards to the webcal feed (Google iCal). It appearently stopped working since quite a few days for me. I was using this in order to get tasks reminders via SMS. Would it be possible to get some help so we can get things up and running for myself and anyone else having the same problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Google Calendar has some long standing problems with iCal feeds. They are known to only update the feed every 24hours or less frequently in some cases.

iCal is pretty flakey and it's only one-way.

We know that a lot of people use Google Calendar, so we are trying to find a better way to integrate with it in the future.
Sylanel

The problem right now is that I receive an error when I try to subscribe to the webcal in Google Calendar saying that it can't parse the calendar at the URL required. It was working flawlessly a few days ago. I don't mind the 24 hours between refreshes for now, I can live with it in the short term. My concern goes with the fact that I will be unable to receive SMS reminders for all my tasks right now. I need my reminders much closer to execution time than the 1 to 2 hours we get through Toodledo. Plus, I only have 30 sent SMS per month on my current plan and the messages we receive from Toodledo directly requires us to reply to the SMS in order to receive it's content.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Google Calendar has issues that they need to resolve. We hope to add our own SMS reminders in the future so that you won't have to go through Google to get the reminders.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.