ForumsQuestionsFull page calendar view

Full page calendar view
Patricksbarton

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I primarily used the Calendar view before, because it told me how many tasks I had on each day -- now the calendars are just small little icons on the left hand side of the screen, and when I try to hover over a given day, it tells me ALL of the things I have on my to do list, not just for THAT DAY. Is there a way to get the old calendar back, or am I just not getting how this works? Also, what do all those dots and arrows mean on the small calendar? Thanks for any help!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2011
When you hover your mouse over a date in the new calendar, it will show the total number of tasks due or completed on that day.

The dots and arrows indicate how many tasks are on that day. We have room for 6 dots (6 tasks). After that, it shows an arrow to indicate that there are more than 6 tasks.
Patricksbarton

Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I understand that, but I usually keep between 10 and 25 tasks per day, so the 6 dots isn't very helpful -- every day has six or more dots.

It would be great to have the entire screen fill up with a calendar, so that I can balance tasks across them.
Salgud

I still don't get the dots. Wouldn't a number be much better? Could even be a number bigger than 6!

I always have more than 6 items in my list, so the dots are useless.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We'll think about alternate ways to represent the calendar.
gerbosi

Posted: Aug 14, 2011
Couldn't agree more. Love this task management software but it seems we've gone from a pretty low-level calendar view to essentially none at all. If you guys implemented something similar to CalenGoo, you guys would literally obliterate your competition. On the flipside, if CalenGoo gets their act together with tasks (GTD) and adds a notebook, you guys will be in trouble. I've tried them all and it's down to you or them.
plarsen111

Posted: Aug 16, 2011
As a form producteev member, I must say I love Toodledo. The ONE thing Producteev did so much better was Calendar view. Not only did it show each task, but you could drag and drop them from one date to another.
rhonda_keilholtz

PLEASE bring back the old calendar view. I simply don't understand the thinking in taking this away. And yes, I am a paid subscriber. I am currently looking for a different software because it was that important. I think many other agree. Thanks for considering this!
westofmoon

First, I really like the update to Toodledo. I find it very useful and attractive, and I appreciate the work you all put into making it better.

Concerning the calendar...I used to use the full-screen Calendar view everyday. I assign a due date to all my active tasks, and the calendar view was where I reassigned undone tasks and checked how many tasks were assigned to upcoming days. I'd like to see it again.
bottomley.cs

Posted: Aug 21, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I am not so much fussed about the size of the calendar either way, but I agree that it was kind of annoying--in both the old version and the new--trying to use the calendar view to redistribute tasks over the coming week. (I am not a GTD person, I just like to sit down Sunday morning and figure out my list for the week, but I have the impression the weekly review is a GTD feature as well that a lot of ToodleDo users do?)

I know the calendar will now show a week at a time, but it still only sorts into Today/Tomorrow/Next 7 Days. If there were a way to view the tasks themselves in columns/boxes by day, or at least for the week view to actually be divided into seven days, I think it would be a ton easier to do. One of the few things I miss about Outlook, besides the color-coding, was how easy it was to rearrange the tasks when I could see them right under my calendar days like that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.