ForumsQuestionsCalendar?

Calendar?
mikeanders87

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
The new calendar is hard to read. I liked the old calendar because it was much larger. I used it to level-load my task for the week (eg. making sure I didn't overbook myself for anyone day). Could you please bring back the large calendar format as an option? In addition, having the ability to see on the calendar that tasks that actually due vs. the one that are progress would be greatly appreciated. Right now it says I have way more tasks due than are actually due that day.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into ways to apply date filters and other bells and whistles to the calendar.
AJS

I really like the new Calendar. I didn't use it much before because I stopped using due dates but I love the fact that you can now select a whole week's view. Might have a tinker with different views and see if I can make more use of it again.
mikeanders87

But the new calendar doesn't actually have the size of the original calendar. I don't like having to hover over each day to see how many task I actually have due. Could you make a larger version of this calendar and give the users the option to see the large and the small version?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider it. The dots inside the calendar show the number of task (up to 6) without requiring you to mouse over anything.
ops.box.one

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
Agreed. Please at least allow us the option of a 'classic' view of the calendar. This current set up is far less intuitively useful to me.
Patricksbarton

How I wish I was one of those who only had 6 or less tasks per day -- I imagine that the majority of people using Toodledo have MORE than six tasks per day; otherwise, they probably wouldn't need Toodledo to help track them, no? Therefore, having a full page calendar view which allows people who do track and balance their calendar seems to be a no-brainer to me. You don't have to get rid of the new calendar, you would just need to add another option which brings in the "classic" view, as ops.box.one suggests. With that said, I really do appreciate that you folks are trying to make this a stronger application. I have loved using this up until this point, but honestly have stopped using it since the re-design, because I only used the Calendar View, which is essentially devoid of all it's previous user-friendliness. As a paying subscriber, it pains me to not use an application that I previously loved so much. I hope you're able to work on this further. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can still have more than 6 tasks per day. The only thing that has changed is that if you have more than 6 tasks, the calendar will not immediately show the actual number. You can always hover your mouse over any date to see the total count, and you can click on any date to see those tasks, just like you could before.

Our statistics showed that the vast majority of people's calendars had fewer than 5 tasks per day, so we didn't think that it was very important to be able to instantly distinguish between dates that have 12 tasks and those that have 13. What you really want to know is that certain dates are busy (6+ dots), so you can click to see what those tasks are.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. We will think about a way to bring back the big calendar.
Ant_1293528082

Posted: Aug 10, 2011
Hi chaps,

Personally I like the 2 month 'dot'overview. At the same time, I would love a 'real' calendar view to see at a glance the appointments over a week and at what time and dragging etc on the calendar. As I said in an earlier post, I have no idea the technical issues around this type of demand.

Best regards Tony
bardot2

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Hi guys,
An amazing free subscription offering but like the other post i emplore you to bring back a classic view calendar with taks lodged in said calendar. I have mixed and matched task-mgrs be they desktop, online or via handheld device and the single biggest shortfall IMO of all those out there is the inability to 'visualise' your to-do's in a calendar view. The addition of a large calendar would cement you as the leader of this competitive pack.
thanks
mikeanders87

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
To follow up on this issue, I have discovered that you can set the calendar to show only due task on a given date instead of tasks that are due or in progress. This functionality was key because I use to see whether or not I have overcommited myself to any tasks on a given day. However, I still recommend that the option for a larger calender view be created. Try to look at everything on the sidebar can be tricky at times.
Brad Crites

Posted: Aug 16, 2011
I'm with everyone else asking for a return of the "classic" calendar. This new format almost makes Toodledo worthless to me.... it'll be too time consuming if I have to mess with those little sidebar calendars. Thanks!
Steven Avery

Posted: Aug 17, 2011
Hi,

I am new to Toodledo. Lots was nice. I immediately felt the calendar was too small and looked for a button to make it bigger.

No event timing ? I'd like a basic scheduling integrated. ie. Bluegrass gospel radio show weekly on Thursday but I need the time too 7AM-9AM. Any expansion planned into this type of thing ?

That is the one PIM-ish feature I think any ToDo should work for.

Thanks.

Steven Avery
Salgud

Posted by schmuel:
Hi,

I am new to Toodledo. Lots was nice. I immediately felt the calendar was too small and looked for a button to make it bigger.

No event timing ? I'd like a basic scheduling integrated. ie. Bluegrass gospel radio show weekly on Thursday but I need the time too 7AM-9AM. Any expansion planned into this type of thing ?

That is the one PIM-ish feature I think any ToDo should work for.

Thanks.

Steven Avery

I think you're confusing a PIM with a Task Manager. I have yet to see anyone, up til now, refer to TD, or any of it's competitors, as a PIM. They're not. They don't incorporate your task list, address book and calendar into one software package.

That said, I really miss the good-old-days when there were a number of really excellent PIMs available, and all these functions were in one package and I could link the people in my Address Book to my appointments and my todos. That was very useful. If TD were to extend their calendar capabilities, I would be jumping with joy.
CharleneTX

Posted by Salgud:

I think you're confusing a PIM with a Task Manager. I have yet to see anyone, up til now, refer to TD, or any of it's competitors, as a PIM. They're not. They don't incorporate your task list, address book and calendar into one software package.

There are still a few PIMs around that will sync Outlook, Palm Desktop, etc. to a phone or tablet, but they have their problems (mainly with syncing issues). I used Agendus on my Palm for years. Their desktop overlay for Palm Desktop and Palm apps were excellent, but their Blackberry app was too buggy and their Android app non-existant. The DejaOffice app is nice on the Android and I could sync it with the Agendus/Palm desktop (they offer several other sync options), but I started having sync issues every time they did an update. With both of those, I was spending far too much time trying to fix corrupted data. Now I'm giving it a go with separate address book, calendar, and task list.

The last piece I was mising was tasks. I tried a few options before finding Toodledo. So far I'm liking it; enough so that I subscribed. I still have to try out the Android options. I use my task list mainly on my desktop or laptop, so the phone is really just for the few times I need to access my tasks on the go.

--Charlene
nrshima

Posted: Dec 14, 2011
Please, bring back the big calendar!!!!
Matthew.Gagnier

Posted: Dec 19, 2011
Hello Admin...Any update on bringing back the big calendar?
jeffsa1

Posted: Jan 21, 2012
what calendar are you referring to? Google calendar?
I searched Help and Learning Center for Calendar but couldnt find any feature that seems to relate.

thanks
myriade

Posted: Feb 28, 2012
I'm pretty new to TD, but it would indeed be cool to have a calendar such as Google Calendar built into TD. :>
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.