ForumsQuestionsHigh priority task visual information lost in new layout

High priority task visual information lost in new layout
pol_1305575348

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Is it possible to have (at least as an option) the boldstyle for high priority tasks? For me it is a very important visual information!
Folke X

Personally, I am only too happy that the bold typeface disappeared, because it gave a disturbing over-emphasis on that particular aspect (Priority) all the time, even when no such emphasis was wanted. And it made the screen look unjustifiably cluttered. The new way of displaying Priority, Status and Due date in bold within their respective columns is more balanced and tasteful in my opinion.

However, I realize that highlighting of the entire line might be useful from time to time. To resolve this without reintroducing the old problem, perhaps the following approach could be used:

In the new Show menu (where the quick filters are located) there could be an additional heading called "Highlight" followed by boxes for Status, Priority and Due date. If one of these boxes is marked then the whole line would become highlighted for the "hottest" tasks in that particular respect (i.e. 3 Top and 2 High tasks if Priority is ticked; or Overdue, Today and Tomorrow tasks if Due date is ticked; or Next Action or Active tasks if Status is checked).

I would suggest a color-matched, not-too-glaring alteration of the background color for these lines rather than making the text bold.
pol_1305575348

Score: 0 Reference
Very good proposal, more general and (I guess) easy to implement. I hope it will be added to the new UI
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We plan to make this user configurable in a future revision.
pol_1305575348

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Thank you! The only alternative I can imagine to discriminate the important, even if not urgent, big tasks between the urgent but not important tasks (that task management theories recommend to eventually drop) is to make the sort for importance formula user configurable but I belive it's too difficult to implement. I definitely miss the bold for high priority.
Posted: Jul 29, 2011
I may have missed the first parts of this thread. What, if any, task now are highlighted in bold. To me this was a useful feature that seems to be lost
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.