ForumsQuestionsQuick Filter Options

Quick Filter Options
Folke X

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
The new quick filter (for Context and Tag in the Show menu) is very nice and very useful! Great!

Would it be a good idea to build further on this and include more or less the whole range of fields that the user has enabled? And a quick "reset" to take away all such selections?

(For fields such as Due date I would suggest the same categories that are already defined for the defult grouping of tasks in the list outputs, in other words (for Due date): Overdue, Today, Tomorrow etc.)
Folke X

Score: 0 Reference
Hmm, it just occurred to me that one way of implemnting this in the interface might be to emulate MS Excel's autofiltering, whereby you click an arrow next to the column heading to see the filtering options for each data field. It would also be possible to omit these arrows and click straight onto the column heading itself, but in that case there would need to be a toggle switch somewhere to also let you sort the list, not always just filter it.
Folke X

I am writing faster than I think, apparently ;)

An obvious way to resolve this "toggling" issue would be something like this: When you click a column heading you get a little menu that first contains the non-mandatory option to actually sort the list (in ascending or descending order), and only thereafter all the filtering checkboxes. Normally, when just filtering, you simply wouldn't click the sort option, and vice versa.

(By the way, why doesn't the Star have a column heading for sorting?)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.