ForumsQuestionsWorlds Collide

Worlds Collide
Jay

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am loving Toodledo and I'm now using it for both home and work items. But now my two worlds are colliding :-). It's great to manage both in one system. And sometimes I do want to see personal tasks when I'm at work (e.g, schedule doctor appt). And sometimes I need to see certain work tasks at home (e.g., prep for 8am meeting tomorrow, yikes!). But most of the time I don't want things mixed up. (Personal items get in the way at work, and it's a real bummer to be reminded of work items when doing personal projects at home).

Sure, I could separate them with Folders. But when I go in by due date or status, I see everything. I suppose another option is to have 2 accounts. But it's kind of clunky to do that. For one thing, the iPhone interface doesn't make it easy to switch accounts. Sure, you can go into settings, but you have to type in username/password each time. Maybe if there was a simple toggle between accounts that would do it. Also, I understand there is a way to share tasks across accounts for the occasional task that I do want to see on my other account, though I think you have to know to look for it (i.e., it won't just show up on the hotlist). Or I could just enter the task twice if I really need it in both systems.

Anyone else having problems with their worlds colliding? Any suggestions?
Acustk

I use contexts to separate them. One for "home" and one for "work." Then I filter by "work" when I'm at work and filter by "home" when I'm at home.

Works great for me.
vegheadjones

I recommend exploring saved searches. You can really fine tume you lists to exclude/include anyth Doesn't help on the iphone but is great for the web
Jay

Yes Saved Searches are great. There are just a few things holding me back from really going hog wild with them:
* Not on iPhone
* No QuickSearch
* No ability to re-order the tabs

I think if these features were there, I would use Saved Search as my main entry point.
vegheadjones

I agree on all three. No solution for the first two, but I do set up my searches using A: B: etc to gtet them in the order I want. using A: B:
Peter Scott

Posted: Jan 11, 2009
I separate personal and business by folder, and sort on due date when viewing folder. I never use status (it's either done or it isn't).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.