ForumsQuestionsNeed a Method to Assign Resource w/o being a collaborator

Need a Method to Assign Resource w/o being a collaborator
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to use TD for managing a project, whereby I've created a folder for the project, as am using tags for milestones, and am keeping my folder sorted by tags to keep the various milestone related items together by default.

I want to have a way indicate which resources are assigned/responsible for each task, and those assigned will not be using TD. I wish there were a "resource" field. like a more traditional PM tool. Since I use a GTD approach, I would prefer to not use "Context."

In general, it would be great if there were "user" defined fields for this kind of thing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 28, 2011
You might consider using tags for the "Resources" field and use the goals field for milestones. Or you could use tags for both.
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Jul 30, 2011
The problem with using goals is that they are universal across all tasks/projects, so that doesn't work well. Tags, is better, but since I'm already using tags as means for milestones, is that it becomes problematic sorting/filtering wise once you use more than one tag per item.

I do use tags, but they are messy in TD because it's not easy to manage them once created.

I do think you need a means of assigning a task to a none TD user, that's filterable. I suspect this request is not unique to me.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this, which would give flexibility to users in general, would be to create user definable fields that user could label as they choose, and use in ways that are convenient to them..
alexandremrj_2

You can also use the status field: Delegated with the name of the person in the notes field
JCarl

I use the Tag field which I agree is a little messy as it is not able to be sorted and I believe is limited to 50. I use the initials of the resource. From there I have created an Advance search on individuals tags or combinations by Tags Contain (Initials)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.